Inside the Arc - "The Pit That Ate Drum Corps"

One popular scientific theory holds that the universe continues expanding, a result of the incredible force generated by the Big Bang. There seems to be a good deal of evidence for this view. Whether this will go on forever is debatable, and even Einstein struggled with this problem. After all, why wouldn't the collective mass [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorps...ate-drum-corps/

• Like 2

One popular scientific theory holds that the universe continues expanding, a result of the incredible force generated by the Big Bang. There seems to be a good deal of evidence for this view. Whether this will go on forever is debatable, and even Einstein struggled with this problem. After all, why wouldn’t the collective mass [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2011/08/inside-the-arc-the-pit-that-ate-drum-corps/

Very interesting article. So.......I don't believe that the contraction of the Corps "Big Bangs" as mentioned in the article will happen, but perhaps the implementation of the refinements as mentioned in this article? I know from playing contra all of these years that some very good "licks" have been covered up by our drill placements AND those other masking sounds generated during a performance. And it's not because we're not playing loud, either. It's all about balance, IMHO.

when DCA votes em in, get ready for the balance debates you see in the DCI forums

when DCA votes em in, get ready for the balance debates you see in the DCI forums

Well, I do believe DCA will do a better job of introducing A&E than DCI did. This will happen for two reasons.

1. Judges will be better trained on how to adjudicate them (mostly because they won't want to repeat the mistake DCI still has yet to correct)

2. DCA does a better job of ensuring that new tech introduced by rule should by no means be considered mandatory. I submit as evidence the fact that playing G bugles carries with it no perceived penalty as opposed to choosing Bb/F. There's not nearly as much need to "keep up with the Joneses" in DCA, an that's a good thing.

Some corps will use it, some won't. Some that do will do it well and be credited, and those that don't will get what they deserve.

Well, I do believe DCA will do a better job of introducing A&E than DCI did. This will happen for two reasons.

1. Judges will be better trained on how to adjudicate them (mostly because they won't want to repeat the mistake DCI still has yet to correct)

2. DCA does a better job of ensuring that new tech introduced by rule should by no means be considered mandatory. I submit as evidence the fact that playing G bugles carries with it no perceived penalty as opposed to choosing Bb/F. There's not nearly as much need to "keep up with the Joneses" in DCA, an that's a good thing.

Some corps will use it, some won't. Some that do will do it well and be credited, and those that don't will get what they deserve.

In reading other threads,.....one show had attendance of 300, other quotes incluude 900 and 1000 attendees,.................please explain to me why amplification is needed?

Why is it that Frank can say it and everyone shakes their head in affirmation, but when a guy in the peanut gallery says the same thing he's a voice in the wilderness?

Thank you, Frank, for discussing an issue that has needed attention for quite some time.

in the DCi forums, a minority shake their head and disbelieve.