BD: Get Rid Of The Tail

There was a section in '09 at 236, but it was just them "shuffling" for about 8 counts. Not really what I'd call crazy.

The "I Got Rhythm" section in BD 2009 was at 236bpm. Every horn player except tubas marched the first 72 counts at single time using a crab-step technique. Then there were sporadic tempo changes in the feet between single and half time that was different for every individual. I personally marched the first 72 plus 24, 24, and 16 cts at single time with half time sections between each.

Not a single step of the first 72 was under 7 to 5.

• Like 6

The "I Got Rhythm" section in BD 2009 was at 236bpm. Every horn player except tubas marched the first 72 counts at single time using a crab-step technique. Then there were sporadic tempo changes in the feet between single and half time that was different for every individual. I personally marched the first 72 plus 24, 24, and 16 cts at single time with half time sections between each.

Ahhhh that was easy... And you know it... Don't you know that BD has the easiest drill and horn book... the drums just stand there and pound and posture! It takes NO talent to perform a BD show and since they have ALL the talent, it is a total waste... :devil:

Ok now that I have taken away the common DCP BD diatribe... You guys rocked in 09 and it was the return of Jazz music to the field! I for one appreciated the whole thing! I loved 1930! :thumbup:

• Like 1

But there were chairs, so the show must have been easy!

• Like 1

They "shuffled" (looked like crabbing) a little more than 8 counts... and while playing too - one of the hardest segments of any show in '09 imo.

Every day I'm shufflin'