BD: Get Rid Of The Tail

I personally think BD has the best uniforms out there. I do think I liked 09, 08, and 2010 (in that order), but this year's grew on me a lot. I really like it. Love the extended sash. A lot.

I've been wanting to start a best uniform topic in 2011, I might just do that. I'm curious.

Do start that topic - I love talking me some unis. :)

Mike

I love the Blue Devils' current look. To me, it's very distinctive, very them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Except maybe remove the track suit stripe down the arm, little too Adidas for my taste.

Except maybe remove the track suit stripe down the arm, little too Adidas for my taste.

Always wondered why they kept them after 06....they evoked the puppet strings from the Godfather book cover...good at the time.

The 2011 uni fit the program, but it WAS more than a bit busy...wouldn't mind it being cleaned up a bit.

Always wondered why they kept them after 06....they evoked the puppet strings from the Godfather book cover...good at the time.

The 2011 uni fit the program, but it WAS more than a bit busy...wouldn't mind it being cleaned up a bit.

Yeah, it fit the two programs, but shouldn't stick around. Would not mind the pinstripes come back from '04 or so, those always looked really cool.

Yeah, it fit the two programs, but shouldn't stick around.

It might be a physical issue with removing them from the uni...might cause more damage then if you'd left them on.

Would not mind the pinstripes come back from '04 or so, those always looked really cool.

They looked awesome closeup....never COULD see the effect on vid, tho.

Personally I like it. I think it adds a sort of classiness to them. I'm all about the visual aspect of drum corps and I think it looks great. I mean, it'd be cool if they changed the uniform structure (not just the design) within the next couple years. I'd like to see some new changes to a lot of different corps. I really love what the Cadets did with the two different uniforms. We kind of got to see a different side of the Cadets that we've never seen and I loved it.

How quickly we forget the two-sided uniform Cadets wore a couple of years ago. You saw a different side every time they turned around!

Garry in Vegas

The Blue Devils blend many different visual eliments in their show. Marching slow-fast, jazz running, dancing in groups and individually. The uniform, the stripes, the panels reflect well on the variety of their visual offerings. If they focused on one aspect such as a high velocity drill then it may not be condusive to that look. Personnally I think the panel has worked very well for them by adding visual interest with flowing material and flashes of color and/or pattern . Will it be appropriate next year? Who knows what next year has to offer which is what I love about them. What's your feeling on capes and combat boots?

• Like 2

They looked awesome closeup....never COULD see the effect on vid, tho.

I asked one of the members about the pin stripes and the lack of being able to see them and got a great answer. "The crowd may not be able to see them but we know they're there".

• Like 2