Fan Network Webcast of DCA Prelims

[quote name='Kamarag' timestamp='1315100570' pos

And for DCA, (not a Fan Network issue): does the announcer have to jump in so fast at the end of every performance? Let the show simmer for a few more seconds. It's fine, really.

I miss Fran so much

I had a couple freezes but for 20 bucks, it was well worth it and a big thank you to dca and the fan network for doing this. It was alot cheaper than airfare and hotel in Rachacha. Woould loved to have been there though. Darn economy and only getting 20 hours of work per week.

I was pretty satisfied with the value for $20 ... some freezes but, I've come to expect that with live feeds ... I thought the sound was exceptional ... especially for picking up soft braass passages and pit nuances ... I do agree that the high cam could have been focused a tad better ... more foggy to me than blurry ... but ... overall it was a fine experiment ... wonder what their production costs are ... I think the announcer said there were almost 500 viewers ... $10K to play with there!

:-)

GUYS! That WAS FOG... it was 100% humidity and high 80's... it was pretty awful... VERY hazy if not outright foggy

GUYS! That WAS FOG... it was 100% humidity and high 80's... it was pretty awful... VERY hazy if not outright foggy

That's what we suspected here. When the feed started it didn't look blurry (really. it didn't at any point) but the haze was evident. It was a bit more obvious when the sun went down and you could see the fog around the lights.

Either way, the picture quality was surprisingly good on my 47" 1080p HDTV. I expected a lot worse based on a few DCI FN feeds.

To be honest with you, I know this was a new endeavor for DCA, and for $19.95 (less than a dollar per corps performance) it seemed like a real bargain. However, I had to stop viewing after the 16th corps performed for one big reason: BUFFERING EVERY 10 SECONDS!!!!! Now mind you, I have high-speed DSL and the latest Adobe Flash 10.3 with all the updates. How come throughout the entire webcast I have constant buffering interruption??? Incredible. Has anyone else in the drum corps world had similar problems with the webcast? The video quality was great, except for the annoying frequent buffering.

Fan Network, please take note. I doubt seriously I'll get my money refunded. Next year, Annapolis and no more webcasts. Not worth it.

I live in Korea and watched from start to finish. I only refreshed three times. It was a high quality video product and well worth the price. Sorry that your experience was not the same...

I miss Fran so much

Fran should be doing Finals tomorrow. Heard that from him at Mini Corps last night.

Fran is ironing the loud shirt... he indeed is the finals announcer...

congrats to Steve Anderman... Great job with prelims and the Mini corps championship.

Steve will also be on the mic for the Alumni Spectacular.

Interesting point...

The stream will be available at least 72 hours - probably somewhat longer...

All the performers can go home and watch themselves on www.dcacorps.org

Tom