2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

I think we can call what's happening with the next two corps "The Hunger Games". Who wants it more?

A little wavery in the middle horns at the beginning of Swan Lake. Hard to bring the breath and heart beat down after such an intense close to Danzon No. 2.

Full corps on the Swan Lake statement, though, is solid.

I think we can call what's happening with the next two corps "The Hunger Games". Who wants it more?

Brass wants it really really bad!!!

• Like 1

Brass wants it really really bad!!!

understatement.

• Like 2

Drum line's having a much better night than last night. No tears and a very strong performance so far.

We're into the Maria intro to Mambo. Guard has changed to their pink Maria skirts for the closer.

understatement.

couldn't you just kick yourself for not marching this year?

• Like 1

Awesome rifle tosses in the back field. Mutes are out of the horns now. I'm feeling a lot better about Bucs tonight. We have to remember they definitely know how to win.. It's just that MBI has learned from the best and is now playing Rafael Nadal to Reading's Roger Federer.

All the non tennis fans are confused now. :D

I hate tennis but, I'm a huge Federererererererer fan! roflmao

• Like 1

No Mambo yell? Isn't that required for this piece?

Weird. One of the cymbals only has one plate.

Great energy from the horns on the park and blow in Mambo.

• Like 1

Do you seriously think that adding Joey and Rouland are going to make a difference? It hasn't before. What about corps that have a screamer in the pit all season long? That person doesn't march, doesn't even play the entire show. Is that a problem, too?

And they're not getting paid to play out there. Joey especially has a close relationship with Empire and loves to peform.

I knew you wouldn't agree, but that's not necessary. Do I think it has an effect, of course it does. The judges are paid to adjudicate the performance on the field that night, so they would be deft if they didn't hear it and didn't let it effect their perception at least a little bit. Nothing wrong with players in the pit who have been there all season long. The point I brought up was "should it be allowed at the championships for a one shot gig?" Not those that can't march for a variety of reasons and have been in the pit the entire or most of the year. I didn't say that and I didn't expect people to agree with me.

couldn't you just kick yourself for not marching this year?

If only it was possible!

Edited by BrassMember