2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Now that Cru is gone, Atlanta is the only city to have 2 Finalist corps...

Add Spirit in there and Atlanta is the new drum corps hotbed.

Is it me or are alot of the lower teir corps drowning out the majority of the rest of the corps

with their bassdrum section , I believe it has to do with tuning and some with over zealous players ?

And, of course, who can forget Alliance's strength from the start of their DCA participation - the drum line?

This is the first total package show of the night in Open Class.

Is it me or are alot of the lower teir corps drowning out the majority of the rest of the corps

with their bassdrum section , I believe it has to do with tuning and some with over zealous players ?

Part of it is, at least with the Class A corps, they have full drum lines, including bass line, and the horn lines aren't much larger. Note we're not getting this problem with Alliance and I don't think we had it with CorpsVets.

Fire of Eternal Glory. Take it easy during this piece.

Still getting a little too much blat from the upper baris on their melody. Nice work by the mellos, though. Trumpets turn...Nice attack on the entrance and excellent balance throughout. Watch the attacks building into the climax of the piece. Still could take the tempo slower here. Huge chord to finish, got some clapping before the release. Nice job!

Drums transition out of Eternal Glory into Inferno.

Drum break. These guys are fun to watch. Serious ramming. Crowd loved that.

Guard flags are orange and have a flame like quality to them. Being the Inferno, makes perfect sense.

Difficult musical moment: Horns on side two, coming forward. Percussion on side one, moving back. Tough to tell from my vantage point if there was a problem with timing as I'm on the 30-35 Side one, right in front of the drums.

Moving into the Firebird finale. I'm getting a lot of mellos right now. Keep up the intensity to the end!

Part of it is, at least with the Class A corps, they have full drum lines, including bass line, and the horn lines aren't much larger. Note we're not getting this problem with Alliance and I don't think we had it with CorpsVets.

I agree with the total package starting with Alliance all of the rest of the corps give you that ! Yes the corps that have super small hornlines seem to suffer when their percussion section is cranking , their staff's should address this , tone it down !