It's September!

You just won 250 million dollars from the Powerball Lottery and you want to bring back an old drum corps.....What ONE corps would you bring back? You can add a director and staff if you would like.

Go ahead and have fun!

"Bring em Back to Life":

There are just SO MANY to choose from: Starting with St Vincents Cadets through Cambridge Caballeros, Skokie Vanguard, Hawthorne Muchachos, Hutchinson Sky Ryders, Argonne, and Suncost Sound (To name a very few)

I would love to see the St Catherine's Queensmen brought back to life. We could hire a few of their illustrious Alumni such as Frank Doritte, Billy Cobham, John & Freddy Sasso, and Billy Hightower to arrange and instruct.

Elphaba

• Like 1

I would move back to NY...start up my old corps the Royal Coachmen. Hire Robert W. Smith to write music with Donny Allento head the brass staff. Bring Tom Peashey out of retirement to run the business end. The Allen brothers (Jim and Tom)would run visual.

Seeing as the top DCI powerhouses need about $1 million for an all inclusive operation, I'd give seed money to a have dozen corps - 27th would be first, Blue Rock, Blessed Sac, St. Andrew's Bridgemen, the Bleu Raiders - help Troopers get back into the thick of it. I might encourage others to apply for "grant" money.

I'd assist in all phases - giving the corps the opportunity to flourish with transportation, instrumentation, uniforms, bingo and fund raising support, a corps hall, etc.

Then the corps would have to stay afloat on their own.

Then I would reconfigure the sheets and the judging system, or maybe that should be first? :thumbup:

"Bring em Back to Life":

There are just SO MANY to choose from: Starting with St Vincents Cadets through Cambridge Caballeros, Skokie Vanguard, Hawthorne Muchachos, Hutchinson Sky Ryders, Argonne, and Suncost Sound (To name a very few)

I would love to see the St Catherine's Queensmen brought back to life. We could hire a few of their illustrious Alumni such as Frank Doritte, Billy Cobham, John & Freddy Sasso, and Billy Hightower to arrange and instruct.

Elphaba

Totally agree on bringing back the St. Catherine's Queensmen ... I still say had they been able to make it down to Miami in 1961 for the VFW Nats, they would have won or at least been top three ... they were simply a magical corps ... a simple "parish" corps that raised to national prominence ... they nailed both BS and Garfield just weeks after Miami, which further adds to the intrigue as to how they would have faired ...

:-)

• Like 1

Hmm, let's see..... :music:

/

/

/

Ah! I got it! :w00t: The KingsNorth27thFreeGuardKnightmen.

What can I say? I'm greedy that way. :tongue:

Again ONLY ONE corps!!!!

Not even STAR needed $250 million......we're trying to help several.....