Boston Crusaders 2012 Team Announced

The Boston Crusaders and Executive Director Tom Spataro are pleased to announce the 2012 design and instructional principals: Program Coordinator and Visual Designer Brian Murphy will lead a team of returning staff and designers including Ellis Hampton (percussion), Chad Pence (brass), and Matt Winans (color guard). Also returning to the team for the third year as program advisor is Bruno Zuccala.

The newest member of the Crusaders design team is Ryan George, who will serve as Boston's brass arranger/composer. George currently resides in Austin, Texas where he is a full-time arranger and composer.

"The Boston Crusaders is a corps that I have always held in the highest regard," said George. "To be apart of a corps with such a rich heritage is both an honor and a thrill! I cannot wait to begin collaborating with this talented team of designers and teachers and I especially look forward to working alongside Chad Pence to create something truly unique with the Boston hornline."

"We are all very excited to add Ryan to our team," said Tom Spataro. "His opus speaks for itself. Brian [Murphy] and I believe that Ryan, Ellis, Matt and Chad will lead and define the next generation of the Boston Crusaders and bring us to new levels of success in the coming years. I look forward to sharing the product of this fine team with our fans. Expect the Boston you know and love, only better."

Ryan's outdoor ensemble work has been performed by some of the nation's elite groups at state, region, and national venues. His roster of clients hail from 14 states and include perennial Bands of America regional champions, regional finalist, Grand National finalist, as well as state championships in 3 states. He also currently serves as brass composer/arranger for The Academy Drum & Bugle Corps from Tempe, Arizona.

Since 2007 his music has received performances at the American Bandmasters Association Convention, the MidWest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago, the MidEurope Festival in Schladming Austria, the National CNDNA Conference, and the CBDNA/NBA Southern Division Conference. His works have also been performed at several state music educators conferences as well as region, honor, inter-collegiate, and all-state ensembles. His work for advanced wind ensemble, "Firefly", was recently recorded by the University of North Texas Wind Symphony under the direction of Eugene M. Corporon and is featured in the "Teaching Music Through Performance in Band" series, volume 8.

Ryan graduated from the University of Kentucky with a degree in music education. While a student Ryan sat principal horn for 4 semesters in the wind ensemble, was a drum major for the Wildcat Marching Band and also performed with various other ensembles including the UK orchestra. During his drum corps career Ryan performed with both the Cadets of Bergen County and the Concord Blue Devils.

Check out Ryan's website at forninemusic.com to hear examples of his work for concert and marching ensembles.

The 2012 design team will be meeting in New York this weekend to officially kick off 2012 with a marathon planning session

• Like 3

During his drum corps career Ryan performed with both the Cadets of Bergen County and the Concord Blue Devils.

Adding two gold rings to your accolades with back to back championships...marching both 98 Cadets and 99 Blue Devils...pretty cool if you ask me :smile: