Fanfare and Rumble

ouooga

Fanfare and Rumble both look like amazing products, and BD's contribution makes it really exciting. But I am just a guy who likes to hear drum corps sounds used more often in the world. I work with a lot of sound guys, but I am not a sound guy myself. What exactly would this software be used for? Write drum corps/marching band shows? Write sheet music and hear it back correctly? Use marching brass and percussion to score films?

I'm just looking to get more info on the uses of these products. Thanks for the info folks.

• Like 1

I'm sure Rumble is a good product but still doesn't hold up to Virtual Drumline in my eyes. Rumble costs $299 while Virtual Drumline costs $199. The biggest difference is that Rumble is only battery sounds while Virtual Drumline comes with a full library of front ensemble instruments. Various marimbas, vibes, concert equipment, etc.

VDL seems to have far more value. I haven't had an opportunity to try them out yet but it is my understanding that Fanfare and Rumble are included in the Sibelius 7 sound package so I'm sure I'll play around with them soon.

• Like 1

Fanfare and Rumble both look like amazing products, and BD's contribution makes it really exciting. But I am just a guy who likes to hear drum corps sounds used more often in the world. I work with a lot of sound guys, but I am not a sound guy myself. What exactly would this software be used for? Write drum corps/marching band shows? Write sheet music and hear it back correctly? Use marching brass and percussion to score films?

I'm just looking to get more info on the uses of these products. Thanks for the info folks.

There are a number of uses for sound libraries like these either with a notation program like Finale or Sibelius or with a MIDI sequencer like Sonar.

I've used orchestral libs to create scores for some small indie movies (really low budget!). I generally use them to "proof-hear" music I'm composing or arranging. It's nice to hear a reasonable representation of what the finished product might sound like. What might sound good with a piano sound might show problems when played with brass or strings or whatever.

Hope this helps.

I'm sure Rumble is a good product but still doesn't hold up to Virtual Drumline in my eyes. Rumble costs $299 while Virtual Drumline costs $199. The biggest difference is that Rumble is only battery sounds while Virtual Drumline comes with a full library of front ensemble instruments. Various marimbas, vibes, concert equipment, etc.

VDL seems to have far more value. I haven't had an opportunity to try them out yet but it is my understanding that Fanfare and Rumble are included in the Sibelius 7 sound package so I'm sure I'll play around with them soon.

I totally agree! the quality of sounds on rumble are better but not enough to justify twice the cost. (it's $399.00)