Is Madison the new Crown?

"POW!"

As irritating as it is to see that , it serves as a good reminder

to avoid over-hyping a product and instead, let the product speak for itself!

• Like 1

"POW!"

I'm going to go ahead and risk being annihilated by Scouts honks and say that was the worst show in the long history of the Madison Scouts. Top to bottom, left to right, I have no idea how a design staff thought that that show was suitable for performance in Division 1 drum corps.

I am very happy the Scouts are in a much better place now and am looking forward to what the future holds for them.

• Like 4

Yeah- what they said. Crown has been good the last few years but Madison has a rich history and they're just coming home where they belong.

Have always loved Madison, Scott Boermas arrangements and the rest of what was in the 90s, but to say Madison has a rich history means very little considering they have all new teaching personnel, the Board threw-out most of the people like Scott Stewart who knew anything about their 'rich history' and the core of The Corps, so to speak, is new and has nothing to do with what Madison used to be.. People age-out, instruction staff changes and no one may be around who really understands what Madison WAS....Steve Vickers, publisher of DCW might be one person who can quote chapter and verse about Madison Scouts, he has been involved in some way with the Corps, forever.. and he doesn't march and probably has very little to say about what goes on there. now, but I don't know..

When Drum Corps were more neighborhood oriented, and members were local kids, you could keep the nucleus in place for more years, now members might belong for 2 or 3 years max. So, it is more accurate to say Madison Scouts will establish themselves.............again, ..(hopefully)

• Like 2

Have always loved Madison, Scott Boermas arrangements and the rest of what was in the 90s, but to say Madison has a rich history means very little considering they have all new teaching personnel, the Board threw-out most of the people like Scott Stewart who knew anything about their 'rich history' and the core of The Corps, so to speak, is new and has nothing to do with what Madison used to be.. People age-out, instruction staff changes and no one may be around who really understands what Madison WAS....Steve Vickers, publisher of DCW might be one person who can quote chapter and verse about Madison Scouts, he has been involved in some way with the Corps, forever.. and he doesn't march and probably has very little to say about what goes on there. now, but I don't know..

When Drum Corps were more neighborhood oriented, and members were local kids, you could keep the nucleus in place for more years, now members might belong for 2 or 3 years max. So, it is more accurate to say Madison Scouts will establish themselves.............again, ..(hopefully)

Ummmmm, Dann Petersen, current Scouts Director marched 89-91 Jr Scouts and 92-97 Scouts. He was on visual staff for a number of years with the Scouts and Southwind.

Chris Komnick (executive director) marched for a few years in the 80s.

James Mason in 1975.

Jeff Spanos is a Scouts legend.

But your right. These people know nothing of Scouts history.

• Like 3

New Coke is now Old Coke; Old Coke became Classic Coke then went back to being just Coke; and now we learn through a commercial that Santa actually drinks Pepsi while on summer vacation.

ding ding ding ding!!! Tell him what he wins Bob.

All Madison needs is a horn line (almost there) a drum line a guard, a show and the ability to execute.

There, thats easy..BTW...Crowns rise started subtlety in 04, it wasn't until 07 when people started to take them seriously.

They got a ways to go. Still, loved the energy and buzz they brought this year.

• Like 1

1. but to say Madison has a rich history means very little considering they have all new teaching personnel.

WRONG

2. The Board threw-out most of the people like Scott Stewart who knew anything about their 'rich history' and the core of The Corps.

WRONG

3, , People age-out, instruction staff changes and no one may be around who really understands what Madison WAS....

WRONG

4.Steve Vickers, publisher of DCW might be one person who can quote chapter and verse about Madison Scouts, he has been involved in some way with the Corps, forever.. and he doesn't march and probably has very little to say about what goes on there.

WRONG (only Steve? Really?)

5. When Drum Corps were more neighborhood oriented, and members were local kids, you could keep the nucleus in place for more years, now members might belong for 2 or 3 years max. So, it is more accurate to say Madison Scouts will establish themselves.............again, ..(hopefully)

yes hopefully people may know who the Scouts are again

Edited by Cop
  • Like 3

Ummmmm, Dann Petersen, current Scouts Director marched 89-91 Jr Scouts and 92-97 Scouts. He was on visual staff for a number of years with the Scouts and Southwind.

Chris Komnick (executive director) marched for a few years in the 80s.

James Mason in 1975.

Jeff Spanos is a Scouts legend.

But your right. These people know nothing of Scouts history.

yes, this is what I meant to say... :thumbup:

• Like 2

Steve Vickers, yep a pretty important guy to THE MADISON SCOUTS! IMO. He is a big help. I don't know if he reads this ( he does ), Thank You, for all you have done and more impotant for what you still do! I for one can't wait for 2012, but I am still enjoying 2011! It is pretty cool that Lee is coming back... POW! :worthy: GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Edited by thirdcoast
  • Like 1