Canada in DCI

Triva question?

Who were the last non-Canadian corps to perform in Canada proper?

HH

There were two shows in Canada in 2008, with Open Class corps. We (Beatrix') entered the competition in these two shows and even won the 'Yamaha Canada Cup'. A corps from Holland, winning the Canada Cup, that is!

There were other corps from the US as well. The whole 'Northern America Tour' (Consisting of three shows, one in Buffalo, one in Hamilton and one in Sudbury), featured Raiders, Dutch Boy, Blue Saints (in exhibition), Legends and Les Stentors.

I had a blast during these shows, especially in Sudbury. These people went CRAZY after our show.

For us, of course, it was not a problem at all considering passports, because we had one anyway because we came to the United States. But I can't believe this would be a large issue for US corps too?

Edited by danieltenor

Think it’s easier for a car load of Canadian Fans to cross into the US than a buss loads and fleets of Americans corps to cross into Canada….and with most the Canadian population living near the US boarder…a few shows in Michigan and Up-State NY should be able to suffice

i_club_seals.gif

I think Cabs Alumni corps played in Kitchener in 2009

There were two shows in Canada in 2008, with Open Class corps. We (Beatrix') entered the competition in these two shows and even won the 'Yamaha Canada Cup'. A corps from Holland, winning the Canada Cup, that is!

There were other corps from the US as well. The whole 'Northern America Tour' (Consisting of three shows, one in Buffalo, one in Hamilton and one in Sudbury), featured Raiders, Dutch Boy, Blue Saints (in exhibition), Legends and Les Stentors.

I had a blast during these shows, especially in Sudbury. These people went CRAZY after our show.

For us, of course, it was not a problem at all considering passports, because we had one anyway because we came to the United States. But I can't believe this would be a large issue for US corps too?

Yes the fans here were very impressed with your corps and have been asking if you will be back again we would really like to host another show here that was the last DCI show in Canada

Well did you guys hear about the new group starting up in Canada? They're called Impact and have already posted in the Open Class forums.. let's support a new northern neighour! :thumbup:

• Like 1