Did this not bother anyone else?

I learned much more about being a band director from both my marching years in drum corps and my instructor years then I ever did in school.

Heck, I even learned more about acoustical physics in drum corps than in class. ( Of course I had someone else take the class for me to be able to pass and I repaid them by writing their drills. )

I said for music PERFORMERS this is an awful activity. You all have selective listening. Kinda sad.

• Like 1

marching 8 years is nothing to be proud of. I i barely did 5. i was actually done after 2005. I got called in mid summer the next two times. For serious players who aren't interested in becoming music educators, this activity is pretty awful.

Maybe if you want to go to the 2 1/2 month long "Rosemont, Illinois Texas Band Director Clinic." Nothing against Cavies, but they spit out dudes like that left and right.

• Like 4

A little.

I guess then I should just resign my positions. I obviously shouldn't get paid to play my instrument because I'm not "serious" because I marched too long.

Nothing helpful in getting to work with Peter Bond (New York Met), JD Shaw (Boston Brass/Recording Artist), Mike Martin (Boston Symphony Orchestra), Pat Sheridan (Former Marine Corps President's Own/Wind Ensemble Conductor UCLA/Premiere Soloist), Sam Pilafian (Pink Floyed, Empire Brass, ASU), Mason Daffinee (Former member of Blast), etc.

I learned more working with those guys every day, then I did my entire time in college (all the way to a terminal degree in music performance).

First off, i remember you telling me you marched for the cavaliers in 2000. Then you tell me you marched for 8 years. I honestly doubt you marched cavaliers 8 years, or else you wouldve been in the packet.

second, Exactly where and when did these guys march drum corps?? Please inform me. Because there is a giant difference between teaching a summer marching band, and actually doing it at some point. (with the exception of chris martin)

Not saying there aren't good players in drum corps. Because there are. But the more serious players know that being able to move and play will not get them anywhere in life. Unless you're going into the educational side of it.

Edited by YogiBear
  • Like 1

First off, i remember you telling me you marched for the cavaliers in 2000. Then you tell me you marched for 8 years. I honestly doubt you marched cavaliers 8 years, or else you wouldve been in the packet.

I marched a now defunct Division III corps, green machine 00, and then the last 5 years of my eligibility I marched in PR. Should be pretty easy to ascertain that information from my posts. Especially the JD Shaw and Pat Sheridan/Sam Pilafian parts.

Both experiences were incredible. Wouldn't trade either one in a million years. I learned much more about being a musician and educator at PR (albeit I was there much longer). I learned a lot about the fraternal experience and being a confident (since I was only in high school) performer in the green team.

1235434945320.gif

Yogi, ##### Showing Champion on DCP, since July 2011.

• Like 4

I said for music PERFORMERS this is an awful activity. You all have selective listening. Kinda sad.

Look who's talking.

My post was a reply to GTC, NOT YOU. Go back and check it AGAIN :doh:

AT some point you may come to realize:

A) Your "selective READING " sucks

B) every post does NOT revolve around you

C) I may be kinda sad but at least I'm not a crying shame :tongue:

• Like 6

Sanford_Son_Laughing.gif

yogi-bear-pedo-e1281066153159-298x200.jpg

• Like 2

marching 8 years is nothing to be proud of. I i barely did 5. i was actually done after 2005. I got called in mid summer the next two times. For serious players who aren't interested in becoming music educators, this activity is pretty awful.

well since i dont have a degree i guess i learned nothing in all my years around the activity

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Jeff: Please stop making me give you green pluses. Just stop it!

blando bando wannabe

:devil:

• Like 2

I guess Adam Rapa, Joey Pero, Al Chez among many others don't count?

• Like 2