Drum corps members on "Glee" tonight, Oct. 4

<I've never seen the show, but I haven't heard about any political agenda. Do they keep singing the praises of Ronald Reagan?>

He's just bumming because they won't burn the gay kid at the stake...

Ummm...I'm a board member of GOProud, a member of Log Cabin Republicans, and an editor of the largest gay conservative blog in the country, so maybe think about that before you jump to any more conclusions about someone you don't know, okie doke?

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon
  • Like 4

Ummm...I'm a board member of GOProud, a member of Log Cabin Republicans, and an editor of the largest gay conservative blog in the country, so maybe think about that before you jump to any more conclusions about someone you don't know, okie doke?

Very cool, actually. :cool:

+++

And ummm, for the record, I think he was just kidding. Have a sense of humor, willya? :w00t:

• Like 1

As per DCP policy, please keep any further political discussions off the forums. Feel free to consult the DCP Guidelines at the top of each page or any member of the DCP Forum Support Team. Thanks.

OK. :cool:

Does this mean we can go back to discussing religion?

Sorry. Won't happen again. Promise.

I thought that was very brave of you, coming out and declaring yourself a republican...

(THAT WAS NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT, IT WAS A JOKE! A JOKE I TELL YOU)

• Like 1

I love GLEE, call me a GLEEK, lol... and I enjoyed the small bit that included the band. Always nice to see a marching ensemble of any kind in mass media... and you know what, it gets the kids in band excited, regardless of what the uniforms looked like.

I have noticed that the show uses virtual drumline a lot. I hope they actually show playing and not faking it then dubbing in parts. if that is the case I say boo but if they really play then bravo. Then again this is hollywood (lowercase intended).

This is a great opportunity for the drum corps kids. However, what is it with Hollywood's obsession with portraying high school bands in "old school" uniforms? I'll bet they even have their shakos (or maybe even big ol' furry busby hats) tilted back on their heads, with their chin straps around their throats...

I am willing to reserve judgement until the episode airs, and I may be dead wrong. But, for once, can't we see a marching band on tv or in the movies whose "modern" uniforms fit properly and whose members are portrayed as serious performers?

As for the "old school" look...why? Is there a football team in the episode? And will they being wearing leather helmets and "old school" jerseys?

Just food for thought.....

If you're looking for accuracy in Hollywood, you're not going to find it. They're concerned with what looks good, not with what's correct. Don't get me going on how any times they've screwed up a fencing scene....and I've worked on some shoots....irritating.