What can a aged-out drummer do in the winter?

Hi,

I was wondering; because of work there's no way I can march in the summer at the moment. But I was wondering if there was anything, drum corps- or indoor- related, to do in the winter?

Problem is, I'm 26 years old. And it looks like WGI will continue their age restriction. Are there circuits around that don't have an age restriction, besides DCA obviously.

Hi,

I was wondering; because of work there's no way I can march in the summer at the moment. But I was wondering if there was anything, drum corps- or indoor- related, to do in the winter?

Problem is, I'm 26 years old. And it looks like WGI will continue their age restriction. Are there circuits around that don't have an age restriction, besides DCA obviously.

A lot of alumni corps are active throughout the year. There are a whole bunch that gather in Plymouth, MA every year just before Thanksgiving, and many march in Christmas and St. Patrick's Day parades. FWIW, you DON'T have to be an alumni to join most of them...many just have their roots tied to their namesake.

Hi,

Seems to me, Sky's Alumni would be an option ... seeing that you marched their Field Corps in 2004 ... also, lots of opportunities as just a "player" by doing the BHOF I&E shows throughout the winter ...

:-)

Are you still in Belgium, Stijn?

A lot of alumni corps are active throughout the year. There are a whole bunch that gather in Plymouth, MA every year just before Thanksgiving, and many march in Christmas and St. Patrick's Day parades. FWIW, you DON'T have to be an alumni to join most of them...many just have their roots tied to their namesake.

I. I agree. He should be looking at the alumni route.

In Drum Corps the term "alumni" can sometimes be a bit of a misnomer, because most of them don't require prior membership, although I think that some like the Cabs do. I'm not really sure. I would inquire first.

Bridgemen Open House is Nov. 12 & 13 in Bayonne.

Try to make it to Carnegie Hall. Practice.