Drum corps stadium profiles

Part 3 of the "Celebration in Brass" series, focusing on Waukee HS in Waukee IA:

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/2013/08/waukee-hs-waukee-ia.html

I didn't mind Buffalo (great parking) or Madison (great atmosphere) as a marcher/fan, but I would kill to have DCI at the Seahawk Stadium in Seattle. The place is gorgeous.

• Like 1

I didn't mind Buffalo (great parking) or Madison (great atmosphere) as a marcher/fan, but I would kill to have DCI at the Seahawk Stadium in Seattle. The place is gorgeous.

I really think that CenturyLink is one of the best stadiums in the world and easily a top 2 or 3 in the states. I shudder to think of how those monstrous acoustics would couple with a full volume blast of drum corps. The only problem is the place is super booked having the Seahawks and Sounders play there, not to mention countless other events. Makes Lucas Oil look like a State Fair in that regard.

It'd be easy to have the NFL and MLS not have events there for a week. NFL is in preseason and soccer only plays maybe 1 or 2 times a week. Acoustics couldn't be worse than they are at Lucas Oil.

It'd be easy to have the NFL and MLS not have events there for a week. NFL is in preseason and soccer only plays maybe 1 or 2 times a week. Acoustics couldn't be worse than they are at Lucas Oil.

I'm not knocking the acoustics, I'm praising them. There's a reason the 12th man has such a big presence in Seattle. Fairly certain Kansas City has a reputation for big crowd noise too, and they've actually had Championships there before.

A great regional to have leading up to a Seattle-based finals would be Autzen stadium in Eugene. It'd be like the Allentown on the west coast.

I really think that CenturyLink is one of the best stadiums in the world and easily a top 2 or 3 in the states. I shudder to think of how those monstrous acoustics would couple with a full volume blast of drum corps. The only problem is the place is super booked having the Seahawks and Sounders play there, not to mention countless other events. Makes Lucas Oil look like a State Fair in that regard.

Soccer stadiums are, bar none, the best acoustical environments for drum corps shows. Ask anyone who was at the inaugural show in Chester, PA this year (PPL Park, home of the Philadelphia Union) and they will tell you the sounds were phenomenal. If Finals ever went back west, I would strongly push for Seattle.

True, but that stadium/field is primarily for the NFL Seahawks. It just happens to be built very well and their MLS team plays there too.

Soccer stadiums are, bar none, the best acoustical environments for drum corps shows. Ask anyone who was at the inaugural show in Chester, PA this year (PPL Park, home of the Philadelphia Union) and they will tell you the sounds were phenomenal. If Finals ever went back west, I would strongly push for Seattle.

Not to mention Seattle is turf too, which is a plus for the marching members, no matter how many times MLS fans (ie. probably just me.) complain about soccer not being played on grass.

Not to mention Seattle is turf too, which is a plus for the marching members, no matter how many times MLS fans (ie. probably just me.) complain about soccer not being played on grass.

They laid down grass in the Meadowlands this summer for soccer. That's why we had the third day in Allentown... I remember when they had grass at the old stadium for a while... it was just pointless.... kind of how it is pointless at the Linc in Philly too... the field doesn't exist by the 3rd game of the season.

Soccer on turf is just isn't right though...