Teal Sound 2012

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the adult administration of the 2012 Teal Sound organization?

• Yes
    • No

Or you can read the news... which said there were no charges filed, as there were no laws broken.

OOoooh, something for me to comment on.... About reading the news.....

The news isn't the authority of whether or not laws were broken. They simply should report the facts.

So I guess the facts are that no charges were filed. That is it. The other part isn't a news organizations responsibility.

I think we, as a society, rely on news to process and feed us too much information instead of figuring things out for ourselves.

I really don't think this was the best "thing" for Teal Sound to publish ( news of this hire). I guess we shall see what the consequences will be.

OOoooh, something for me to comment on.... About reading the news.....

The news isn't the authority of whether or not laws were broken. They simply should report the facts.

So I guess the facts are that no charges were filed. That is it. The other part isn't a news organizations responsibility.

I think we, as a society, rely on news to process and feed us too much information instead of figuring things out for ourselves.

I really don't think this was the best "thing" for Teal Sound to publish ( news of this hire). I guess we shall see what the consequences will be.

Well, if it weren't for the news we wouldn't know about this at all, would we?

Anyways . . . I've said it a few times already: This guy is not a pedophile, he's not a child abuser. Is he a predator? I dunno. Is he creepy? Seems so. Is what he did highly unethical?

Yes, and that's what we should be concerned with here. He resigned before he could be fired. He'll have a hard time getting any sort job in a school system from here on out, and rightfully so. The question is: Since drum corps now view themselves as educational organizations, should they not hold their employees to the same ethical standards used by schools?

• Like 3

Or you can read the news... which said there were no charges filed, as there were no laws broken.

It is almost like people NEED a controversy. I don't happen to see this as all that controversial. Only in the US or the Middle East would this even be in the news.

I read the news. He resigned his teaching position. There were copies of the texts posted. You are thinking way too logical about this.

Parents may not be so logical. Emotion could rule their decision making. It often does.

You should let this one go. It's really a situation unworthy of a "well there were no charges" defense.

How about every culture in Western world aside from US and UK? Actually younger... than that... like early teens.

You're overstating this a bit. I've lived abroad extensively (in western Europe and elsewhere) and encountered incidents similar to this one, where the teacher resigns or is fired. The main difference (as it so often is) comes with media coverage, or the lack thereof. I'm also aware of many similar incidents in the U.S. where this sort of thing has been settled quietly . . . too quietly, as the case often is.

I know as expats it's tempting to puff up foreign cultures as foils to the perceived flaws in our own. Sometimes we're correct, but usually it's complete nonsense.

Edited by Rifuarian

I am being 100% serious. 18 is not a child. Nothing occurred that was illegal and the concept of what is or what is not moral is cultural.

Don't care if any laws were broken. It was wrong. Period. He should not be near kids.

It is almost like people NEED a controversy. I don't happen to see this as all that controversial. Only in the US or the Middle East would this even be in the news.

Do you have a dog in this show?

I read the news. He resigned his teaching position. There were copies of the texts posted. You are thinking way too logical about this.

Parents may not be so logical. Emotion could rule their decision making. It often does.

You should let this one go. It's really a situation unworthy of a "well there were no charges" defense.

Parents were why I decided I was not cut out for teaching. My first parent teacher conference was enough to convince me many parents are not exactly reality-based when it comes to their kids.

• Like 1

Parents were why I decided I was not cut out for teaching. My first parent teacher conference was enough to convince me many parents are not exactly reality-based when it comes to their kids.

Were you under ANY other impression when you entered this career? :blink:

Probably best that you left then... :blink:

After all, drum corps teaches us that if something is hard the first time, it's probably not for you. :blink:

That must have been before you made the $100s of millions...just like Bill Cook.

1. Multimillionaires DON'T lurk on Drum Corps Planet.

2. You sir...are beginning to look quite troll-like.