Allentown: What's the big deal?

It's a way to track who paid for food and who didn't.

I know this is a shock, but at large drum corps gatherings, you will have people try to get free food and beverages.

Jeff,

I would enjoy attending the Allentown shows. Just send your private jet to Texarkana

When I arrive we'll get some sweet succulent frozen bliss. I think hyperbole is the flavor of the month.

Of course being Drum Corps fans, we will not be paying for any of this.

Kevin

• Like 1

I was hesitant to go to Allentown, an 8 hour drive and what not. Boo's article convinced me to go. And then it turned into a 10 day DCI trip that starts in allentown and ends in indianapolis.

Seriously, you should write about it when it happens, or send me notes and I'll do something with it. I love getting in stories about fans and especially about drum corps road trips.

You didn't really want that vacation to some exotic locale with warm weather and white sand beaches anyhow, did you?

We've been going to Allentown since around 1987 - Prelim & Finals all on Saturday was great. Best things about Allentown: Nothing changes: Same great people running the event; Same sense from marchers that, oh man, this is Allentown, the entire East Coast drum corps community is waiting - we better bring it!

Best crowd reactions: Introduction for Crossmen '90; Everyone rising to their feet before end of Bolero and again at end of show - Crusaders 2000; Star of Indiana '92 encore: We went right up to the gate at the field and the cutest Star guard girl that I swear was smiling at me the entire time!

I know. I actually find it rather humorous. Sometimes I've laughed out loud when I saw what was being downrated. God bless them for giving me a laugh during some rather dreary days of overcast weather.

i find it funny too. cause i live for red marks and my rating is way too high

Jeff,

I would enjoy attending the Allentown shows. Just send your private jet to Texarkana

When I arrive we'll get some sweet succulent frozen bliss. I think hyperbole is the flavor of the month.

Of course being Drum Corps fans, we will not be paying for any of this.

Kevin

sorry, the Wells Fargo Wagon only comes around for those that pay :tongue:

i find it funny too. cause i live for red marks and my rating is way too high

Say something nasty about puppies and maybe you can do something about that.

• Like 1

Seriously, you should write about it when it happens, or send me notes and I'll do something with it. I love getting in stories about fans and especially about drum corps road trips.

You didn't really want that vacation to some exotic locale with warm weather and white sand beaches anyhow, did you?

Will do!

and of course not, indianpolis is warm enough in august!

I LOVE the atmosphere in Allentown. It was so awesome as a current member to be able to see and talk to people who had marched as far back as the 60s, and from all over. Also the vibe was different. Although the crowd wasn't as enthusiastic (maybe just didn't show it) as crowds at say Atlanta or salt lake city were, it was still great, and that unique vibe was something we all hyped off of that night.

Say something nasty about puppies and maybe you can do something about that.

I gave you a red minus on this one :( don't be mean about puppies.

:tongue:

(i've given you enough pluses.. so don't whine)

Edited by kickhaltsforlife