Phantom Regiment trying to do what Madison has done recently?

.....let's see.....

In 2008 huge sections of the viewing crowd at Championships would jump up from their seats to shout 'I AM Sparticus' and cheer as the show finishes. Perhaps you couldnt hear that on the recordings, but people were screaming and cheering - especially at Final night with the ultimate death. NO SHOW has as many people up cheering, crying, screeming.

2010 - as the corps runs into the tunnel there is standing and cheering, Into the Light.

2011 - as Juliet tried to wake Romeo at midfield, she realizes he is dead, grabs his dagger, climbs the podium and stabs herself. THIS lead to as big as a cheer as any Madison show.

But, I guess the point is in this thread to 'prove' Madison was, is and will be better.

A bit hard to prove, IMHO........

yeah, but you forgot to mention the 2009 disaster on the field called "Red Violin." Major problems there. But, Madison's answer was no better...Night of the Iguana? Yeah, forgettable as well.

yeah, but you forgot to mention the 2009 disaster on the field called "Red Violin." Major problems there. But, Madison's answer was no better...Night of the Iguana? Yeah, forgettable as well.

Haha, the Iguana was 2008, 2009 was a Mexican Luchador show or something. Which goes to prove, so forgettable you can't even remember what it was!

Nope, didn't forget - it DIDN'T connect with anyone that year!

.....no reason to list it.

Red Violin's music was great when they played in concert mode, but while moving around the field (can't even call it marching!) and trying to tell that story.....wow, a significant flop, even with the staff that so may on DCP considers a 'dream team'.

Haha, the Iguana was 2008, 2009 was a Mexican Luchador show or something. Which goes to prove, so forgettable you can't even remember what it was!

You are correct, sir. The forgettable cartoon super hero show from Mexico show was 2009. What a sleepfest that show was.

Then, Chris got busy and Madison got their act together. What they have accomplished over the past two seasons may have well saved many years of heartache in Madison.

First, no, Madison is not 'copying' Phantom. Phantom has done their thing, in their way, all along, and it works for them. Even in their disaster year (cough09cough), they were a crowd favorite.

Madison, however, has made a concerted effort to reengage their fan base, and it's worked very, very well. They deserve nothing but praise for that.

Let's don't turn it into a one-versus-the-other thing, 'cause it's not. If both corps are making folks happy, then everyone wins.

Mike

(Who actually really liked Madison's 2008 show, and at least the opener in 2009.)

• Like 3

hmm lets see... madison started going back to their roots in 2010..

in 05 phantom played rhapsody in blue which they played historically

07 firebird... tribute to the past

08..spartacus... nothing else needs to be said, a very historic show for regiment before 2008

phantom always goes back to stuff they've played before... madison just started doing it, nothing wrong with that. They aren't copying phantom, they are just doing what works for them and what the audience likes... but phantom was doing this long before madisons recent nostalgic turn

• Like 1

AHEM!!! 2009 was Relampago. Marched that show with the scouts. It's ok, didn't make much sense to me either. ><

My dad marched Spartacus. The ORIGINAL. When they announced that score my dad was crying and jumping like a mad man. When Phantom shouted SUTA. He was the one who led the crowd in shouting it back. I personally couldn't hear the end of the 2008 show from 4 rows up. Yes I love scouts but I wouldn't say phantoms copying them.

By the by, Crown has kind of pulled the same "pull in a staff and bring back shows". So this discussion is kind of just a debate on who is copying who. Which the answer is everyone copies everyone.

1 i have no problem with what they are doing i in fact love it. Im not talking about placement Im talking about connecting with the fans.

No; Phantom has been doing what they're doing for a decade.

First, no, Madison is not 'copying' Phantom. Phantom has done their thing, in their way, all along, and it works for them. Even in their disaster year (cough09cough), they were a crowd favorite.

Madison, however, has made a concerted effort to reengage their fan base, and it's worked very, very well. They deserve nothing but praise for that.

Let's don't turn it into a one-versus-the-other thing, 'cause it's not. If both corps are making folks happy, then everyone wins.

Mike

(Who actually really liked Madison's 2008 show, and at least the opener in 2009.)

I think they tried going back to Latin shows in 08 but didnt work to well. The more i listen to 08 the more i like it.

But that 2008 show did put them back into Finals. So by that measure it was a success. And based on the reaction they got Finals week, I think they were quite well received, too.

Regardless, they got new staff, made a concerted effort to get fans on their side, and all has worked out nicely for them. Good times. Nothing to do with Phantom, really.

Mike

• Like 4