Regiment and Crusaders are going to California in 2012

:confused: Guh this is gonna be another expensive year to go see my girlfriend! AHHAHHAHHHHHHHH :grrr:

Fun facts about California

-If it were an independent country, California would rank 34th in population in the world

-One in Eight Americans lives in California

-Three of the top 10 most populous cities are in California (LA, San Diego, San Jose)

-There are more youth in California high schools than the total population of 17 states

-If California was it's own country, it would have the 7th largest Gross Domestic Product in the world

Just guessing, but CA probably

-has the largest debt of any state and many countries.

-the highest incarceration rate of any state and many countries.

-gives the most tax payer funded services to illegal immigrants/citizens of any state and the countries the illegals came from.

• Like 5

Also, my understanding is that BAC crunched the numbers, and as long as they began their season in CA, the mileage worked out to be very similar to 2011. What makes this work is the western move-in. If they still had "Spring training" in New Hampshire, THAT would have added 3000 miles to tour.

Seems like a great decision by all in the loop. Since I know the Mrs. would not be interested, unless we tour the region, looks like Big Bird and I will be making a road trip to Cali next June!

Edited by Ghost

I don't know that DCI "asked" anyone in particular...I DO know that both SCV and BD were at Boston's home show in Lawrence, MA last August, so it seems fair to reciprocate.

I don't know either. I'm guessing, however, that DCI in one way or another "asks" top corps to make the California trip in order to make the shows there more compelling. You have to believe that Cavies competing would sell tickets. Crown too.

That's my speculation. What I'm asking is whether anyone has any inside knowledge. Have other corps contemplated the trip but opted out for whatever reason. Who knows? Tell us.

HH

-gives the most tax payer funded services to illegal immigrants/citizens of any state and the countries the illegals came from.

And that's why it's fun and you want to be there! :tongue:

Daisy Duke bikini's on top!

• Like 2

But, this is NOT a political discussion. So I would urge you to edit your comments. Thanks.

• Like 2

Maybe Boston will be treated to a rehearsal at Mars :) That would be cool.

Good to see corps coming out west. SF is a beautiful city to visit. Whenever I travel (europe, asia, US), and people hear I'm from the San Francisco area, more often than not the response is that San Francisco was that persons favorite city to visit.

I'm sure the kids in Boston will like it just the same.

Kids can catch a Giants game, eat oysters at Hog Island, run across the Golden Gate, stand on the runners on a cable car as it goes up and down steep hills, catch killer views from Coit Tower or eat at Top of the Mark with their amazing views. Better yet, hang out on the beach, cruise through Golden Gate Park, hang out in North Beach (go to Molinari's Deli and get the North Beach Special).

I'm sure they'll enjoy the city.

Edited by TrainWreck
  • Like 1

But, this is NOT a political discussion. So I would urge you to edit your comments. Thanks.

Will you be be making a similar post to the person who listed the "fun facts"? It has been a few hours now.

Edited by Ghost