Copyrights

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Phantom 2009 run into problems getting copyrights for the music to the movie Red Violin and therefore had to switch to all the Paginini stuff? As well as the now known problem with Madison and ESOM? I'm just wondering any other shows have run into problems with getting the rights to perform certain pieces and why.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Phantom 2009 run into problems getting copyrights for the music to the movie Red Violin and therefore had to switch to all the Paginini stuff? As well as the now known problem with Madison and ESOM? I'm just wondering any other shows have run into problems with getting the rights to perform certain pieces and why.

Phantom 2008 had didn't secure sync rights for their 2008 show, but I'm not sure about their 2009 production. I think Troopers also had some sync right issues in 2008, but I may be mistaken

Phantom 2008 had didn't secure sync rights for their 2008 show, but I'm not sure about their 2009 production. I think Troopers also had some sync right issues in 2008, but I may be mistaken

IIRC, I don't believe this is totally accurate as far as PR. Again, IIRC there is a brief segment in which they were initially granted the rights, but later those rights were revoked. That took place after the initial release of the DVD's. Anyone who received the initial shipments of the DVD's has the full and unedited show, I don't remember the exact date but sometime shortly before Christmas the rights were revoked and DCI was forced to edit PR for all product sold from there forward.

IIRC, I don't believe this is totally accurate as far as PR. Again, IIRC there is a brief segment in which they were initially granted the rights, but later those rights were revoked. That took place after the initial release of the DVD's. Anyone who received the initial shipments of the DVD's has the full and unedited show, I don't remember the exact date but sometime shortly before Christmas the rights were revoked and DCI was forced to edit PR for all product sold from there forward.

Anybody have an idea why it would be granted and then revoked?

The Troopers had sync problems in 2010 when they played Bon Jovi's wanted dead or alive.

What was wrong with the Troopers arrangement? H.S. marching bands have been doing that tune for years without any issues. Is it because they did there own arrangement, and not the stock charts from the publishers?

What was wrong with the Troopers arrangement? H.S. marching bands have been doing that tune for years without any issues. Is it because they did there own arrangement, and not the stock charts from the publishers?

It was not a "musical arrangement" issue with the Troopers; but a video recording of the performance movement to music with the subsequent selling of the DVD.

It was not a "musical arrangement" issue with the Troopers; but a video recording of the performance movement to music with the subsequent selling of the DVD.

Gotcha! But, what if any of these bands have had their performances recorded at BOA, USSBA, or other band comps, and the DVDs sold as either an individual performance, or a full prelims of finals thing?