The DVD has landed

(respectful snip.)

I just got my 2012 BlueRay today and am having a problem playing it on my PC. My rig is high quality and only 6 months old (Plextor BlueRay using Cyberlink's included player, Avid's M-Box and DSM2 studio speakers, etc - a high-power power built specifically to watch drum corps).

We need to talk. cool.gif

I am also in the process of upgrading my cheap 20 year-old speakers and 60 watt 2 channel receiver. I am custom building my setup and have built some fronts first which I have been testing for a month. I just got my center channel today. I will probably buy a 7.1 channel receiver with the idea of using a 5.1 setup with the other two channels bi-amping the fronts.

I could use some advice on an AV receiver and subwoofer for a drum corps setup. So far I have tested on Phantom 2008 since I remember very well what they sounded like live, and I am less than satisfied with my speakers, but since I still have some more hardware to install I am reserving judgement. I may start a separate thread (or you may) so I don't hijack this topic.

Edited by wvu80

The 2012 discs are saying that I have to upgrade Cyberlink to play the content but, even after updating, they still won't play. All my other Blair DVD's a BlueRay's play fine.

Has anyone else had a problem playing the 2012's on a PC? Could they be master-coded to only play on non-PC players?

Oh yeah, back to your original request! doh.gif/>

I haven't re-read the entire thread either, but I think I responded earlier in this exact thread a couple of months ago. My BD player is in my Win 7 HP laptop, and I am thinking a software upgrade on the Cyberlink software solved the problem.

It was not intuitive on upgrading that Cyberlink, so double check to make sure you have the latest version. There were definitely problems with the new disks came out, and the software upgrade definitely solved the problem for me, it was not the disks.

If you still have problems, post back here again and Sat afternoon I'll double check my software setup for you so you can troubleshoot.

Edited by wvu80