The DVD has landed

Geordies... Scots without the brains.

I should add that it was a Geordie who told me that.

I got a notification from the post office that I have a parcel waiting for me - its my DVD.

What is this Geordie stuff that I always hear about? They even have a program called Geordie Shore mimicking the Jersey Shore. Is this affiliation something I should try to avoid telling people about for fear of being scorned in public?

As for Scots, the only thing I remember about them is one of you played against a blancmange at Wimbledon before an older couple ate it. Guess I'm really showing my age with Monty Python references.......there's also the reference to Aliens turning people into Scots.

Edited by LincolnV

I got a notification from the post office that I have a parcel waiting for me - its my DVD.

What is this Geordie stuff that I always hear about? They even have a program called Geordie Shore mimicking the Jersey Shore. Is this affiliation something I should try to avoid telling people about for fear of being scorned in public?

As for Scots, the only thing I remember about them is one of you played against a blancmange at Wimbledon before an older couple ate it. Guess I'm really showing my age with Monty Python references.......there's also the reference to Aliens turning people into Scots.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Monty Python! "He's not the messiah he's a very naught boy! "

I could quote Python all day. Now there's a show idea... Life of Brian.

Geordies have a reputation for being loud and in your face but that's just a stereotype, they're no different from anyone else, Geordie Shore plays up to that stereotype. The only place to hide the fact you're a Geordie is in a city called Sunderland, they don't get on!

Has anyone in Canada received theirs yet? I ordered the Blu-ray package via the Fan Network way back when. Still waiting!

Has anyone in Canada received theirs yet? I ordered the Blu-ray package via the Fan Network way back when. Still waiting!

Yes, LincolnV (above) received it today.

Hi there - I just picked up my DVD. I'm about to play it. (from Montreal).

I complained too soon. Mine arrived in today's mail. Figures! :tongue:

Anyone notice on the Blueray version that there is almost no bass? I can barely hear corps' bass lines, can't hear the concert bass in the front ensemble at all. But the treble is way up, have to turn it down a little because the brass is so shrill. I've checked and its not my sound system. I put in a different blueray and it rattles the room. Anyone else notice this?

Anyone notice on the Blueray version that there is almost no bass? I can barely hear corps' bass lines, can't hear the concert bass in the front ensemble at all. But the treble is way up, have to turn it down a little because the brass is so shrill. I've checked and its not my sound system. I put in a different blueray and it rattles the room. Anyone else notice this?

I'm sure it's to counter the thunderous goo present at location. So I guess this is going to turn into a thunderous goo from the electronics and pit versus the shrill brassy sound of the brass argument? ph34r.gif

I'm sure it's to counter the thunderous goo present at location. So I guess this is going to turn into a thunderous goo from the electronics and pit versus the shrill brassy sound of the brass argument? ph34r.gif

Nope, no argument here. I just wish I could hear the punch of the concert bass and actually hear the tones of the bass lines. Gosh I love me a good bass line.... wish I could hear the tones instead of just the attack on the heads.

Nope, no argument here. I just wish I could hear the punch of the concert bass and actually hear the tones of the bass lines. Gosh I love me a good bass line.... wish I could hear the tones instead of just the attack on the heads.

I don't have time to put in my blu-rays right now and check it out, but from memory of playing it last week I don't recall having any bass issues. In fact, I kind of remember being excited to finally be able to "read" the Cavaliers bass solo while they're planking, as previously it was hard to 'read' on the web streams. I don't recall having any issues with lack of bass, but I'll check the blu-rays tomorrow afternoon when I have some time (thanks for giving me an excuse to re-watch 'em :thumbup: ).

For reference are you able to point us to a Fan Network finals stream from a year that you think has better bass sound than the blu's? I know web-HD discs is not a favorable comparison, but if you give us an example of what you think is a previous good audio capture of low bass in comparison to 2011 blu-rays we'll have a better idea of where you're coming from.