Restructuring the DCI BOD

There is the nonsensical puritanical restrictive thinking in America. Beer does not mean booze soaked. In a lot of countries, beer isn't even considered to be alcohol and has no restriction on it at all. 12 year old kids could go to a kiosk and buy it... but they don't... because they don't really like it. Make it forbidden or make it out to be a big deal and you'll have 12 year old kids clamoring to get it.

There is such a thing as responsible drinking in public places.

I may agree with you, but I'm not a parent yet...well til June anyway. That said....parents will believe what they want to believe. And trust me, some of the stories floating around about drum corps, true or not, have gotten many a parent to deny their kids participation.

you're right they do have established preferences......and you have to include themsomewhat in the thought process, or DCI is doomed. You will not et enough kids flocking for several years to make up for the loss of the older folks.

andyou do realize a lit of those "older folks" are in their 20s and 30s.

Hence my support for human cloning.

hmmmm im trying to remember if we were able to get a beeer at LOS..i know..we could at Giants stadium and some other places...hmmmm cant remember

"During most public events in Lucas Oil Stadium, the sales of beer and alcoholic beverages will be offered to guests of legal age. Indiana State Law prohibits the sale of alcohol to any person under the age of 21. All guests may be required to show proper identification and proof of age when purchasing alcoholic beverages. Starting times and/or days of events may prohibit the sale of alcohol in Lucas Oil Stadium. Some events prohibit the sale of alcohol. Guests may not bring alcohol from outside sources into the stadium or take any alcohol with them upon exiting the ticket-taking checkpoint. The purchase limit may be reduced and sales may be discontinued at any time at the discretion of Lucas Oil Stadium management."

Lucas Oil Stadium - FAQs

If they do not currently sell it during shows, they should.

"During most public events in Lucas Oil Stadium, the sales of beer and alcoholic beverages will be offered to guests of legal age. Indiana State Law prohibits the sale of alcohol to any person under the age of 21. All guests may be required to show proper identification and proof of age when purchasing alcoholic beverages. Starting times and/or days of events may prohibit the sale of alcohol in Lucas Oil Stadium. Some events prohibit the sale of alcohol. Guests may not bring alcohol from outside sources into the stadium or take any alcohol with them upon exiting the ticket-taking checkpoint. The purchase limit may be reduced and sales may be discontinued at any time at the discretion of Lucas Oil Stadium management."

Lucas Oil Stadium - FAQs

If they do not currently sell it during shows, they should.

They do sell it during the shows. Tons of it.

Don't understand the attraction myself (I'd rather have a sherry or cognac myself), but saw lots and lots of beer being consumed.

Quick question... will this thread ever end?

sure...when we all stop replying, theBOD says yes or no

They do sell it during the shows. Tons of it.

Don't understand the attraction myself (I'd rather have a sherry or cognac myself), but saw lots and lots of beer being consumed.

Alcohol content would be part of it, I'd say.