Buying a DCA Patch

Hey Dave Hobart... prdirector@dcacorps.org

Why don't you suggest that a logo patch be offered... would look GREAT on corps jackets.

Tom

• Like 2

I'd pay a shiny nickle for a DCA logo patch.

//already have the finals 2010, 2011 patches. Don't want the shirt or hat.

:ph34r:

I would buy a patch in a heartbeat - and I'm sure that a lot of marching members would too!

I'd like to see a tee-shirt with the new logo on it..I think DCA hurts themselves at Championships every year by not having an updated cap and shirt to sell. I've got one of the 2004 Tour shirts, and another with a full chest old logo print (on a ringer tee no less) Maybe the honchos should see if they can get a small 'donation' from the corps to help with "seed money" to get something started..I suspect that if a couple of corps hawked patches or shirts for DCA, at shows other than Championships, they might be able to help increase their visibility, especially to the units NOT in the Northeast..I still like the DCA 25 patch I bought in '89 - just haven't put it on my NEW MBI jacket....yet.

Anyone else think this would work??

Pat

Well, you can buy a Throwback Pack for that SPECIAL SOMEONE for Christmas!

Buy this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250941276631

Or maybe this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250941277942

Once they're gone, THEY'RE GONE!

Thanks, but I'm looking for one of just the DCA logo. No year, no championship, nothing but DCA.

• 3 weeks later...

Undated memorabilia is always the best, IMO. What doesn't sell this year will sell next year, etc.

On a similar topic.....Why doesn't DCA offer a Championship Flag to it's champions?

Seems they used to, BITD.

Even if DCA won't foot the bill, I'd like to see every corps who ever won the DCA Championship title purchase a single "DCA" flag to carry in their Honor Guard. Then, attach a streamer denoting each year that corps was a champion. (In the same fashion that the military adds battle streamers to regimental flags, etc.)

Of course the flag design should be standardized, so we don't have twenty different designs.

This would allow each corps to "carry it's history, for all to see", so to speak.

Undated memorabilia is always the best, IMO. What doesn't sell this year will sell next year, etc.

On a similar topic.....Why doesn't DCA offer a Championship Flag to it's champions?

Even if DCA won't foot the bill, I'd like to see every corps who ever won the DCA Championship title purchase a single "DCA" flag to carry in their Honor Guard. Then, attach a streamer denoting each year that corps was a champion. (In the same fashion that the military adds battle streamers to regimental flags, etc.)

Of course the flag design should be standardized, so we don't have twenty different designs.

This would allow each corps to "carry it's history, for all to see", so to speak.

:ph34r:

I'm with you Mark..Now granted, it might get ridiculous if the Cabs or the Bucs had Championship flags for each title, but I think it would be cool to have that type of "guidon" provided for a corps that wins for the first time. If Reading got them for each win, they'd have to keep a HUGE Honor Guard.. :tongue:

They'd cut off about 20 yards of space if they lined up side by side in the corner of the field.. :devil:

Almost stretch from curb to curb in a parade..(running and hiding now) :w00t:

Pat

Remember, DCA IS the member corps - on several occasions there has been a championship flag... Back when, the directors decided it wasn't worth the money... every dime spent at the championship takes a dime out of the corps' pockets...

Personally, I think the flag is worth it... especially with the preponderence of great Color Parties...