Colts 2012

I expect they'll hop back up a bit. Not sure how far. Would love to see them back in the Saturday show. REALLY hoping for a better drum book :) Also... I have no idea what the show will be but it seems like it's about time they surprised us a bit.

There is a clip on the Tube that shows a clip of them playing, maybe it's show music?

Who knows how the DCI Gods will place corps this year, but I'm sure they'll be entertaining as always. Loved their Black Swan show last year.

I'm guessing that video may be the Colt Cadets.

I think they draft Andrew Luck.

footussa.gif

Luck is overage. He turned 22 last September. But the Renegades are right up 101 from Palo Alto!

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1

I'm guessing that video may be the Colt Cadets.

This clip is from a concert at the end of the camp weekend. Mix of Colts, prospective rookies, and a few Colt Cadets getting experience for the future spent the weekend at the Dubuque Five Flags Center working on skills. Lots of good things happening, lots of folks already RSVP-ed for our next couple of camps, but we always have room for a few more to drop by!

A few photos from camp have been posted on the Colts facebook page to show off the cool new campsite :) December Camp will be at the pretty-new Roosevelt Middle School, more info here: http://www.colts.org/join.asp

...Do they want to push towards the top 12?...

I don't mean to pooh-pooh your question, but I suspect that every corps not in the top-12 wants to push towards achieving that goal, especially after having been in the top-12 several times before. In many other years, Colts and the corps ahead of them who were non-finalists could have been finalists. The quality of so many of the corps has exploded over the past few years, making so many corps so entertaining to hear and see. I expect we'll see Colts in Finals again, but there are a few other corps that intend to have a say in that. Either way, they're still one of our classiest organizations, with a focus on local membership that is missing from so many other organizations.

I don't mean to pooh-pooh your question, but I suspect that every corps not in the top-12 wants to push towards achieving that goal, especially after having been in the top-12 several times before. In many other years, Colts and the corps ahead of them who were non-finalists could have been finalists. The quality of so many of the corps has exploded over the past few years, making so many corps so entertaining to hear and see. I expect we'll see Colts in Finals again, but there are a few other corps that intend to have a say in that. Either way, they're still one of our classiest organizations, with a focus on local membership that is missing from so many other organizations.

I'm glad that you pointed out the community aspect. With so many complaining about the top-tier corps neglecting their communities, the Colts are an organization that definitely draws from and supports their community. And given the money they pull from the state and area, it's clear the support is reciprocal!

When I started following drum corps in 2002, only about the top 9 corps were worth watching. From about 2005 on, it seems like there has been an explosion of excellence in the non-finalist corps. What a battle for the last spots!

Can the Colts push back into the Top 12? Only if they're willing to go toe to toe with corps that won't release their grip easily! If they choose not to be the "nice kids from Dubuque" and start letting loose with quality execution, we'll see what happens!

• 4 months later...

Can the Colts push back into the Top 12? Only if they're willing to go toe to toe with corps that won't release their grip easily! If they choose not to be the "nice kids from Dubuque" and start letting loose with quality execution, we'll see what happens!

Well phrased! I personally believe the Colts are on their way back with a vengeance! The staff changes are making a huge splash, and the members are hungry for that saturday show!