Blue Knights 2012

But I'm not ring hungry. I want to escape attitudes like yours and find somewhere that I'll experience a family.

Implying BK isn't a family.

• Like 1

Implying BK isn't a family.

Evidently to this person, they were not. I seriously doubt this is indicative of the Blue Knights experience, it's not uncommon for a member or two to have a less than "family" type experience, but I've only ever heard very positive things about BK.

Edited by BozzlyB
  • Like 1

Evidently to this person, they were not. I seriously doubt this is indicative of the Blue Knights experience, it's not uncommon for a member or two to have a less than "family" type experience, but I've only ever heard very positive things about BK.

Usually, there's a reason for it. The worst is when one of "those people" go on to make a top corps or win a ring. Well, it's good for them, I suppose. Nothing like an unbearable tick box on the field who had the chops to go chase a ring...

Edited by DrillmanSop06
  • Like 1

Usually, there's a reason for it. The worst is when one of "those people" go on to make a top corps or win a ring. Well, it's good for them, I suppose. Nothing like an unbearable tick box on the field who had the chops to go chase a ring...

Because the best way to get someone to achieve the highest level possible is to make sure they have a terrible time. Some instructors and fellow marchers in this activity would be well served with teaching more and yelling like obnoxious idiots less.

fwiw, I know plenty of tick boxes who now have top 3 medals.

• Like 3

In other words, he was that kid nobody liked.

• Like 2

I like Firebird Suite, and while it isn't one of my favorite pieces, I am going to enjoy seeing what BK does with it. I really wish they would play some more of the dark classical music that I thought they did an amazing job with over the last decade.

As far as the family feeling, I feel that most of the young members of most corps feel like their corps is their 2nd family. Having said that, I am sure every corps also has members that don't feel quite as satisfied. And while it is sad to see members jumping corps, there are so many different reasons why that happens. I don't hold it against the individuals, because everyone has to do what is in their best interests. I wish there weren't so many people jumping just to get a higher placement. I always think the lower corps would be so much more competitive if they were able to retain their better members for a few more years.

I think Blue Knights are a great organization, and am looking forward to their production this year. I do hope they put a little different spin than the exact arrangements we have heard in the past.

• Like 1