Madison Scouts 2012

The general sentiment of this thread changes with the scores. If the Scouts were 2 points higher, I believe the comments would be much different. I'm not going to let some judge effect how I "feel" about the show. I think Robert W. Smith is a fantastic arranger. He has skillfully done what was asked of him. Just like last year, the crowd responds emotionally with the thunderous ovation because he craftily designs musical sweep into the show. I ask, "Why do the crowds go nuts for the Scouts?" They are great performers of great shows that are accessible to the public. I'd rather feel that way than to scratch my head in wonderment over some amazingly technical clinic with abstract music that seems like an excercise in self-indulgence by the arranger/composer.

• Like 9

The general sentiment of this thread changes with the scores. If the Scouts were 2 points higher, I believe the comments would be much different. I'm not going to let some judge effect how I "feel" about the show. I think Robert W. Smith is a fantastic arranger. He has skillfully done what was asked of him. Just like last year, the crowd responds emotionally with the thunderous ovation because he craftily designs musical sweep into the show. I ask, "Why do the crowds go nuts for the Scouts?" They are great performers of great shows that are accessible to the public. I'd rather feel that way than to scratch my head in wonderment over some amazingly technical clinic with abstract music that seems like an excercise in self-indulgence by the arranger/composer.

Very well stated! Thank You!

• Like 1

Agreed!

• Like 1

Oh crap my bad, forgot this thread is only for gushing. Please allow me to go all Opus Dei on myself.

Sorry Boz but you didn't forget anything. You knew exactly what you were doing as always. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

There are so many Blue Stars alums in the Twin Cities area. Every one of them that I have met, have been very nice, classy, drum corps fans. I just don’t get it with that dude. Something is driving the angst.

Edited by Roark1
  • Like 2

There are so many Blue Stars alums in the Twin Cities area. Every one of them that I have met, have been very nice, classy, drum corps fans. I just don’t get it with that dude. Something is driving the angst.

I don't think he has a problem with the corps proper - mostly just certain Scouts fans on DCP. I "may" have fueled that fire the last couple of years :thumbup: But He's mostly just trying to get a rise out of us Scouts fanatics. It's all good. No real harm done... It's just the internet!

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

Well stated Mad-Dad ! I know that exact feeling. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I don't think he has a problem with the corps proper - mostly just certain Scouts fans on DCP. I "may" have fueled that fire the last couple of years :thumbup: But He's mostly just trying to get a rise out of us Scouts fanatics. It's all good. No real harm done... It's just the internet!

I employed the "block" feature a few years ago. It's works wonderfully, except when you quote him. Then my eyes burn. :doh:

• Like 2

354lhh.jpg

• Like 3