Madison Scouts 2012

From what I'm being told, Madison didnt "bring it" tonight like a few corps that went on before them and after them. I was told, they were "very good", but that they just seemed too "controled" and didnt cut loose....Just the messenger, and one persons perspective in the stands. All I know is that they're now 5 tenths from Boston and 6 from Cavies. Is it a bridge to far?...I dont think so.

Well gosh darn it, what are they waiting for... The World Is Watching... BRING IT!

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

I feel a enormous sense of pride that my son is a current Madison Scout. What a unique experience only you brothers could understand. Great shows. Great culture. Great tradition. They have most definitely taken a step in the right direction this season. I've been to numerous rehearsals and performances the past two seasons. All I have to say is they are musically, across the board, much-improved over last season. The scores are better but IMO do not proportionately represent the improvement. I have been told it takes a long time to win over the judging establishment. It took Crown seven years to go from 16th to 2nd. In 1999, the Bluecoats finished 13th. Four years later in 2002 they were 7th. They have stayed between 7th and 3rd since 2002. It's a marathon not a sprint. They are doin' great! With that said, "Here's to a 7th place finish tonight!"........ MYNWA

• Like 4

I would rather they hold back last night and destroy tonight. I remember it seeming like that's what we did my rookie year in 97 and I really like the way that worked out. At least in crowd response.

Yep - in reality 7th is there for the taking. Hoping for the best performance of the year tonight!

• Like 1

I just saw on Facebook that Chris Komnick is the director of the year! Great News! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Excellent show tonight, men! By FAR the biggest crowd reaction, starting from the corps entering the field. Awesome to watch!

• Like 1

Excellent show tonight, men! By FAR the biggest crowd reaction, starting from the corps entering the field. Awesome to watch!

As always!! Great year Scouts!

In my book 7th was theirs tonight!

I hear that the 2013 show will be told to the members tomorrow. And will be announced shortly there afterbtonthe public.

• Like 1

In my book 7th was theirs tonight!

Well they sure got close to it...only around a point. And they really stepped it up

and put on cleaner and more powerful performances on Friday and Saturday nights!

But I gotta say...in this day and age when competition is so incredibly fierce, moving

up even one placement from the year before is a major accomplishment for any Corps!

Congratulations Scouts on an epic year, both in terms of improved performance level and sheer entertainment!!!