Taps for Maynard

Sorry, don't have time to import a link, but you can easily find it with a search...

"Taps for Maynard"

Have any corps' ever used this awesome arrangement, maybe for a warm-up or a stand still number? If you had the screamers for it, it could even be effective used as part of a military tribute or war show. What do you guys think?

Awesome arrangement, and while corps have played taps befor in show, I dont think this arrangement has been used, I am not even sure if it should be to be honest.

Think I heard it once at the end of the Harrisburg standstill show after Maynard died. After the corps were done, horn line members came back on to play. Might have had Larry Kershner directing IIRC. Can't remember too much else as I was helping a handicapped person leave before the mob tried to get out.

Not be a homer but....

I see this as a total Madison standstill.

Edited by Armyscout
  • Like 1

Sorry, don't have time to import a link, but you can easily find it with a search...

"Taps for Maynard"

Have any corps' ever used this awesome arrangement, maybe for a warm-up or a stand still number? If you had the screamers for it, it could even be effective used as part of a military tribute or war show. What do you guys think?

I may be in error, but if I recall correctly.....Empire Statesman did a version.

I may be in error, but if I recall correctly.....Empire Statesman did a version.

I was thinking the same thing...I recall all the talk about during the season...

Think I heard it once at the end of the Harrisburg standstill show after Maynard died. After the corps were done, horn line members came back on to play. Might have had Larry Kershner directing IIRC. Can't remember too much else as I was helping a handicapped person leave before the mob tried to get out.

'08 SIB

Combined hornlines of Hawthorne and Bridgemen

There is a ***tube video of TOS in '09 of the massed corps playing it.

'08 SIB

Combined hornlines of Hawthorne and Bridgemen

There is a ***tube video of TOS in '09 of the massed corps playing it.

Thanks for clearing that up Dale, hope to meet you at York this year....