Last DCI season ever?

So with the mayan calendar AND Nostradamus predicting the world coming to an end at the end of this year, this could well be the last season of DCI ever.

Will the Blue Devils be world champions for the rest of forever? Will the Cavaliers be supreme overlords of marching band in the aftermath? Will Pioneer make it to Saturday? Will the Scouts finally come out of the closet? Will the Cadets' christmas show save us all?

Too many unknowns for my liking. Have at it, DCP.

Edited by zach_8vb

In the last DCI season ever....

1. BD will finish 4th (or lower)

2. Blue Stars will, unfortunately, not make finals. Glassmen will return to the top 12, Spirit will stay

3. The winner will be a corps that has never won....Bluecoats

4. SCV will be higher than BD for the first time in a while, at either 2 or 3

Thus sayeth the gods

• Like 2

Phantom's show will leave such an impact that everyone will be in a state of perpetual bliss right until 12.21

OOOOOOOO there should be a parallel show with apocalyptic music called "12.21!"

Who cares anyway. We will all be turned into chocolate, but there won't be anyone there to drink it.

Sponsored by your existentialist Drum Corps beer supplier. Discounts available to groups of 5,000 or more.

Place your order by February 1st and we'll throw in 100 cases of Nestle's Cocoa.

Who cares anyway. We will all be turned into chocolate, but there won't be anyone there to drink it.

Sponsored by your existentialist Drum Corps beer supplier. Discounts available to groups of 5,000 or more.

Place your order by February 1st and we'll throw in 100 cases of Nestle's Cocoa.

Oops. Sorry about the the duplication. Must have spazzed out over excitement about the cocoa offer.

I sincerely hope none of the educated folk here on DCP believe the world is ending just because Nostradamus alluded to it and so, some believe, the Mayan calendar...Especially since Nostradamus had a penchant for being wildly wrong and the end of the Mayan calendar meant to the Mayans a new beginning, not an absolute end of everything, (not to mention that the calendar that's coming to an end was the second one to do so).

Besides, didn't the world end when DCI allowed amps...and again when electronics were legalized? :w00t::devil::ph34r::shutup::tongue:

• Like 3

Well, if the world ends, and we’re all in Drum Corps Heaven, can you imagine the finals show? It would be spectacular! The Bridgemen and Muchachos would march again, and since we’d all be eternal and age wouldn't matter, there would be no age requirements, just the way they liked it in 1977 and 1975 respectively. Would the Blue Devils be the all-time champion, or the Chicago Royal Aires? That is, of course if the Blue Devils make it. For all you Blue Devil haters, no, I’m not talking about the Blue Devils going to Hell, I know they are devils in name only, but we do hear in the Bible that the first will be last and the last shall be first, so would it be the first time since 1974 there would not be a Blue Devil corps in the finals? Of course we’d finally know whether legendary corps such as St. Rita’s Brassmen and St. Kevin’s Emerald Knights would have made it in DCI. Waiting for us at the gates would be Kilties, Anaheim Kingsmen, Argonne Rebels and so many other favorites. One thing is certain, the 2011 Cadets would have a hard time, since only half the corps, the angels, would be in Heaven. Now I know the angels were victorious in 2011, but could they do it with half a corps? Would Santa Clara make it? Remember last year they were in Hell but wanted to get out. Did they?

There would be some complications. Would we see the Oakland Crusaders or the De La Salle Oaklands or the Etobicoke Crusaders, The Seneca Optimists or Seneca Princemen and Toronto Optimists? What about the role of forgiveness? If all is forgiven in Heaven, would God override the Pastor of Immaculate Conception in Revere forgive the 1967 the IC Reveries for their sit down strike? If so, would we have had the 27th Lancers or years later North Star? Would we have had DCI for that matter?

If the world is coming to an end in 2012, I’m glad my vacation plans include stops in Allentown and Indianapolis in August for I know there will not be a 2013. Well, at least I know there will not be a 2013 for me, but not because the world is ending. I am planning on being someplace eternal, but not Heaven, and certainly not somewhere below. I am planning on being in Rome, the “Eternal City.” Can’t budget DCI and a trip overseas in the same year financially, or vacation time wise for that matter.

If this post was on the historical junior corps forum, are you sure people would agree with you when you say the world didn’t end when they allowed amps and electronics? I think some fans believe they are walking among the living dead and DCI is a prolonged purgatory!

I sincerely hope none of the educated folk here on DCP believe the world is ending just because Nostradamus alluded to it and so, some believe, the Mayan calendar...Especially since Nostradamus had a penchant for being wildly wrong and the end of the Mayan calendar meant to the Mayans a new beginning, not an absolute end of everything, (not to mention that the calendar that's coming to an end was the second one to do so).

Besides, didn't the world end when DCI allowed amps...and again when electronics were legalized? :w00t::devil::ph34r::shutup::tongue: