Accent Marching Academy

This is interesting. You and Danielray are calling for those who post at DCP to actually help out someone who has already proven to be completely irresponsible (see the 2010 issue), and who has just opened up another endeavor which was nowhere near prepared or realistic. Yet there are other start-up projects out there with real sound business plans, and sound adults at the helm, who could utilize that support in a better manner. Wow, if this is the way to start a drum corps oriented business and get 'your' support then the rest of the start-ups should become just as grossly irresponsible, post their unprepared broken promise ideas on DCP, and thus gain your support!!!

Well, we have found that there are flaws to the business, but I would expect that with every start-up. Did anyone from 2010 contact them directly like I did? I read the forum there was a lot of speculation but not that many facts. From my understanding Eclipse was poorly planned and poorly staffed. I wouldn't call it a fraud, no one lost money to the corps. What I have found, which there is little evidence of Eclipse at all, is that it was planned to be a community drum corps for Indianapolis. I cant find any papers filed about becoming a business, so I'm thinking people got a little carried away and put the cart before the horse. There is no evidence stating that Eclipse was even on the map. For people to call a fraud, doesn't really make sense since it was only an idea. If anything, it was shot down before it could even begin.

I think we should give it some time, see what comes to be of Accent Marching. At this point, its a legit business with documentation. I bet if we dig even further we'll find more answers but at this point, I would be fine to have any of my students attend a clinic.

So how 'bout them Cavaliers? lol

Finally, from what has been mentioned in this thread... seems they are now getting some good guidance. But if not, I'd offer to step up and help them out. Seriously.

Daniel: I think the two of you are made for each other.

• Like 3

Well, we have found that there are flaws to the business, but I would expect that with every start-up. Did anyone from 2010 contact them directly like I did? I read the forum there was a lot of speculation but not that many facts. From my understanding Eclipse was poorly planned and poorly staffed. I wouldn't call it a fraud, no one lost money to the corps. What I have found, which there is little evidence of Eclipse at all, is that it was planned to be a community drum corps for Indianapolis. I cant find any papers filed about becoming a business, so I'm thinking people got a little carried away and put the cart before the horse. There is no evidence stating that Eclipse was even on the map. For people to call a fraud, doesn't really make sense since it was only an idea. If anything, it was shot down before it could even begin.

I think we should give it some time, see what comes to be of Accent Marching. At this point, its a legit business with documentation. I bet if we dig even further we'll find more answers but at this point, I would be fine to have any of my students attend a clinic.

So how 'bout them Cavaliers? lol

The problem here, tmpt82, is that the Eclipse website which made all of those lofty, unrealistic, WC DCI status claims and bordering on fraudulent issues, no longer exists. I wish I would have made screen shots of all those pages because they did "not" claim to be putting together a local community group, or just a small idea, as you contend. The Eclipse website claimed they were already financed as a new WC type corps receiving funding from a multi-million dollar foundation based in Indiana that the corps was already securing instruments, Wynne Bus leases, mobile kitchen, etc...

Name that upstart; and it better not be a non-17 corps you want to ditch out of DCI.

You seem to keep repeating the same thing over and over again, even after it has been clarified several times.

Once again, I suggested that WC be trimmed down to about 17 corps and those not making that cut be moved back down to OC.

This restructuring would:

- Draw more attention to OC shows (ever seen how OC finals is attended? This would change that...)

- Increase level of performance of OC corps as there would be tighter competition

- Increase membership interest in all OC corps, as the bar for that class would be much higher

- Improve the financial stability of some organization by reducing their tour requirements

I suggested that a few small corps that are really performing at the lower end of OC might find stronger support in another circuit than the would in DCI. That could be a temporary thing while they would grow... or maybe a good long term option.

Again, DCI was not founded by smaller corps and initially never included them. It was only after DCI became the premier circuit that these corps wanted to perform at DCI shows. This was an afterthought and an accommodation. DCI was never intended to be a corps incubator or a local circuit, but a circuit of top calibre corps.

• Like 1

You seem to keep repeating the same thing over and over again, even after it has been clarified several times.

Once again, I suggested that WC be trimmed down to about 17 corps and those not making that cut be moved back down to OC.

This restructuring would:

- Draw more attention to OC shows (ever seen how OC finals is attended? This would change that...)

- Increase level of performance of OC corps as there would be tighter competition

- Increase membership interest in all OC corps, as the bar for that class would be much higher

- Improve the financial stability of some organization by reducing their tour requirements

I suggested that a few small corps that are really performing at the lower end of OC might find stronger support in another circuit than the would in DCI. That could be a temporary thing while they would grow... or maybe a good long term option.

Again, DCI was not founded by smaller corps and initially never included them. It was only after DCI became the premier circuit that these corps wanted to perform at DCI shows. This was an afterthought and an accommodation. DCI was never intended to be a corps incubator or a local circuit, but a circuit of top calibre corps.

Snake Oil Spin Alert!!! Everyone please disregard the threads where it was suggested "DCI" only support 17 corps!!! Snake Oil Spin Alert!!!

• Like 2

I suppose that was intended to be an insult?

They desire the help; you wish to help. It's a match made in drum corps heaven.

Edit: Yeah...who am I kidding? It was intended as an insult.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

The problem here, tmpt82, is that the Eclipse website which made all of those lofty, unrealistic, WC DCI status claims and bordering on fraudulent issues, no longer exists. I wish I would have made screen shots of all those pages because they did "not" claim to be putting together a local community group, or just a small idea, as you contend. The Eclipse website claimed they were already financed as a new WC type corps receiving funding from a multi-million dollar foundation based in Indiana that the corps was already securing instruments, Wynne Bus leases, mobile kitchen, etc...

http://web.archive.o...lipse.webs.com/

fwiw i"m a little skeptical about this venture but sometimes DCP reminds me of....

Edited by corpsband

Welcome to the Indiana Eclipse Drum and Bugle Corps website. Eclipse is Indiana's only marching unit in the DCI circuit. Eclipse will be active in competition starting the 2011 Season and the 2010-2011 season for our WGI marching percussion and winterguard!

Corps Announces NEW Food Truck!

Today the corps has announced that Eclipse will be purchasing a custom 42' trailer. See the New page for more information.

Corps Boasts Six Audition Sites!

The Eclipse Drum and Bugle Corps will be following the BOA Regionals for their regional audition sites. Auditions will NOT be an overnight camp. For more information, please visit the Membership page.

Corps Announces Corps Song!

The Eclipse Drum and Bugle Corps announced last week that "October" by Eric Whitacre will be featured as Eclipse's Corps Song. For more information visit the News Page.

On the plus side, "October" is still available in case another corps is still looking for a corps song.