Accent Marching Academy

Welcome to the Indiana Eclipse Drum and Bugle Corps website. Eclipse is Indiana's only marching unit in the DCI circuit. Eclipse will be active in competition starting the 2011 Season and the 2010-2011 season for our WGI marching percussion and winterguard!

Corps Announces NEW Food Truck!

Today the corps has announced that Eclipse will be purchasing a custom 42' trailer. See the New page for more information.

Corps Boasts Six Audition Sites!

The Eclipse Drum and Bugle Corps will be following the BOA Regionals for their regional audition sites. Auditions will NOT be an overnight camp. For more information, please visit the Membership page.

Corps Announces Corps Song!

The Eclipse Drum and Bugle Corps announced last week that "October" by Eric Whitacre will be featured as Eclipse's Corps Song. For more information visit the News Page.

On the plus side, "October" is still available in case another corps is still looking for a corps song.

Thanks Boo!!! And I guess that they accomplished all of that with that huge support they received from the Lilly Foundation!!! Looks like we are just on a witch hunt after all!!!

• Like 1

Snake Oil Spin Alert!!! Everyone please disregard the threads where it was suggested "DCI" only support 17 corps!!! Snake Oil Spin Alert!!!

Stu, seriously... what exactly am I selling? How do I benefit here? It was simply and observation and opinion.... not a new religion.

• Like 1

Stu, seriously... what exactly am I selling? How do I benefit here? It was simply and observation and opinion.... not a new religion.

SPIN, SPIn, SPin, Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, ...

Edited by Stu

Stu, not quite. It was made on a free website designer. The Eclipse site was registered to a man with the last name Miller on webs.com. I contacted webs.com to find out. That's all the information they would give me.

Does not change the fact that the real Eclipse site was more professional than the "fantasy" league claim made by the D-Ray on the residual information still on the server; nor does it change the fact that Chris made all of those outrageous claims including having a bunch of funding from the Lilly Foundation.

Edited by Stu

Haha Michael, kids especially love the 15 minutes of fame, lol.

I think we all have the same concerns. As musicians, educators, and parents, it is our right to make sure that things are on the up and up. I think that if this was meant to be fraudulent, it was extremely stupid. I however, feel that the best intentions were probably behind this endeavor, which is why I feel that as it is our right to make sure this is on the up and up, it is also our right to help make this a success. We all have criticisms that should be forwarded to their office so necessary changes can be made.

I called their office today, and saw that they had shut down the office for a few days preparing and assembling equipment. I received a call back from Brian, their COO, and he began to explain and fill in a lot of the holes of information we had been missing. He stated that the company began in Los Angeles (aka why is Facebook said LA). Chris came to Brian and offered him a partnership due to his father being the former CEO of Pepsi, Rick Poillon. They moved the company to North Carolina, where it currently resides. The company was formed through the state of Delaware to help with tax purposes. He said, they understand that there are problems with the company, which is why they are pushing back the dates of camps, changing the price, and rethinking the way the website flows. He said that everyone should check out the site by the end of next week for the updates. He welcomed the criticism and said he would appreciate any and all help criticing the site and day to day functions.

I think we should contact them and give them the help they need to get this thing going. DanielRay is right, this is great opportunity for students who are woodwind players or players who need that push to try out for drum corps. After talking with Brian, I think they have the right people helping and I think they're doing the right thing by taking a few weeks to make the necessary changes needed. Let's help this company succeed.

tmpt82, the only user who has contacted the company and only one of the few who are defending them, joined this forum yesterday around 10:40PM

Just throwing that out there for any conspiracy theorists haha.

• Like 6

Do you think it would carry more weight had it been typefaced in Comic Sans?

Happily, I seem unable to pull up a working comic sans on my machine. It's installed, but the text defaults to a much nicer serif font of some kind when I select it.

Maybe the whole thing would come across better spread across five or six comic panels, with Harvey Pekar reading it.

• Like 1

Happily, I seem unable to pull up a working comic sans on my machine. It's installed, but the text defaults to a much nicer serif font of some kind when I select it.

Maybe the whole thing would come across better spread across five or six comic panels, with Harvey Pekar reading it.

Maintaining this ideal means that while ensuring there are many things we do well, there are some things we simply will not do. We do not do aggression, and we do not promise what we cannot deliver. Whatever the situation, our approach is to always be honest and forthright. We understand that positive experiences are not built from broken vows.

Working now! Well, it seems more appropriate, anyway.

Edited by monoemono