Music for a Starry Night

Any Vanguard show with music from The Planets is going to be one I enjoy.

Look for SCV to bring the aluphone to the front ensemble this year. Rumor has it this instrument was spotted at a recent camp.

This instrument seems perfect for the Cadets and their 12.25 theme this year.

Look for SCV to bring the aluphone to the front ensemble this year. Rumor has it this instrument was spotted at a recent camp.

A NEW and UNIQUE ....ACCOUSTIC.....instrument WITHIN the mallet family that allows for INNOVATIVE sounds and effects that does NOT sacrifice the integrity of the drum corps activity AND........as the above video says itself at around the one minute mark......"WITHOUT THE NEED FOR ACCOUSTIC OR ELECTRIC AMPLIFICATION" (THEIR words....not mine).

I...........................EFFFING...............................................................APPPROVE!!!!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Anyone who says innivation can't be accoustic has now been proven wrong. I don't just mean drum corps, either. I'm talking "MUSIC".....PERIOD!!!!

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 1

Seems like good standard rep. Holst is great music, don't get me wrong, but unless the arrangement isn't spiced up a little and given that little twist I personally think it might not be super engaging, but very good drumcorps.

I've heard whitacre's choral piece arranged for the South Brunswick Highschool Marching Band about 4 years ago. I'm excited to see what they can do with it!

Off topic, am I the only one who found this video about 10 million times more entertaining and of higher quality than the Broken Arrow video posted a few weeks ago?

"Entertaining"? Perhaps. "Higher quality"? Not a chance (and laughable). Broken Arrow was the 2011 Bands Of America Grand National Champion. South Brunswick (though good) is not even comparable to Broken Arrow. Please, don't be ridiculous.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 1

<"WITHOUT THE NEED FOR ACCOUSTIC OR ELECTRIC AMPLIFICATION" (THEIR words....not mine).>

Please...this thing...like all things in the pit...WILL be amplified. Someone is going to say, 'oh, but our new aloeveraphony can't be heard over the tubas...punch that up a smidge...' - and before long, the smidge has turned into an ear splitting squeal, and the tubas are lost. Let's hope that does not happen...and that I'm just having a dark moment here...

• Like 2

<"WITHOUT THE NEED FOR ACCOUSTIC OR ELECTRIC AMPLIFICATION" (THEIR words....not mine).>

Please...this thing...like all things in the pit...WILL be amplified. Someone is going to say, 'oh, but our new aloeveraphony can't be heard over the tubas...punch that up a smidge...' - and before long, the smidge has turned into an ear splitting squeal, and the tubas are lost. Let's hope that does not happen...and that I'm just having a dark moment here...

I love how you picked "tubas," tx. ;)

• Like 1