accent marching...just posted selling equipement

It might be an uphill battle, but I like to believe in the possibility of learning.

Granted; I'm not sure that things learned can be unlearned by those who have been watching things happen. A lot of Bactine needs to be supplied to those instructors who were burned.

Question for Boo: If a person has a track record of shafting retirees with investment schemes would you take your life savings and give it over to that person to start another investment firm? I mean you believe in the possibility of that person learning, correct?

It's never too soon to attempt to build good will. Whether such attempts are successful depends on the degree of conviction to making things work as desired.

If there are any developments, I'm sure someone here will bring it to the attention of all, and there are many who are interested in hearing about such news.

No one here wants to witness failure that reflects negatively on our activity. It would be wonderful to observe success that reflects positively. On the other hand, I can only hold my breath for about 90 seconds.

The failure(s) in this case actually reflects "positively" on our activity because it shows that we in the marching arts value integrity, honesty, personal responsibility. Why that escapes you is beyond me.

The failure(s) in this case actually reflects "positively" on our activity because it shows that we in the marching arts value integrity, honesty, personal responsibility. Why that escapes you is beyond me.

How on earth is that escaping me? Having we been making essentially the same points during this thread?

I mentioned no one here wants to witness failure that reflects negatively on the activity. But just because we don't want to see that happen doesn't mean we won't stand up if and when it does occur. That's something we've all been doing throughout this scenario.

Have I not shined a candle to help illuminate the situation? My comments throughout this and the previous thread should demonstrate that I've encouraged others to keep an eye focused on this and to keep the rest of us (and others) informed and enlightened.

Just because I wish something will happen doesn't mean it stands a better chance of it happening than me being declared People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

Question for Boo: If a person has a track record of shafting retirees with investment schemes would you take your life savings and give it over to that person to start another investment firm? I mean you believe in the possibility of that person learning, correct?

Just because I believe in the centuries old concept of personal redemption doesn't mean I also don't believe in Ronald Reagan's mantra of "trust, but verify."

Perhaps my attitude of hope springs eternals stems from my background of growing up in a house of Chicago Cubs fans.

• Like 1

I am a little distressed. This is a good forum for sharing opinions, but I detect that there are some personal attacks going on. Stu, I think you appear to be be an angry person and I don't know what you are angry about.

Boo has never attacked anyone. I don't understand what your beef is.

Kevin

• Like 2

Just because I believe in the centuries old concept of personal redemption doesn't mean I also don't believe in Ronald Reagan's mantra of "trust, but verify."

Perhaps my attitude of hope springs eternals stems from my background of growing up in a house of Chicago Cubs fans.

Redemption is noble, but so is loss of privilege. A person who has shown a pattern of inept behavior (such as the investment schemes which you never answered) might become sorry for that behavior, but that person should also realize that while redemption is there the privilege to interact in that activity is lost. The protection of the kids, parents, adult staff from something happening for a third time (Eclipse-Accent-3rd time) are far more important than the continued involvement of those who caused the first two issues.

I am a little distressed. This is a good forum for sharing opinions, but I detect that there are some personal attacks going on. Stu, I think you appear to be be an angry person and I don't know what you are angry about.

Boo has never attacked anyone. I don't understand what your beef is.

Kevin

Not angry with Boo, nor attacking him personally. I just believe that Eclipse/Accent shows a pattern of behavior by adults (these are not kids, they are adults)in which even if redemption is there the privilege of involvement in the activity with trustworthiness is lost, and should be lost.

I'm with Boo on the value of second chances and redemption.

I do see a long road ahead for Mr. Nagy. I mean, I'm sure tons of people are in the same boat as Stu. Inviting band directors and then having them give feedback and posting that info with contact information would really help. I'm skeptical that this will ever happen with this group...

Something that has bugged me, for those who read the first thread before the close: Was "tpt82" (or something) really Mr. Nagy? Because if it was, I feel that if you have a good head on your shoulders, you would speak for yourself in this situation instead of hiding behind anonymity.

Edited by ranintothedoor
  • Like 1

I'm with Boo on the value of second chances and redemption.

I do see a long road ahead for Mr. Nagy. I mean, I'm sure tons of people are in the same boat as Stu. Inviting band directors and then having them give feedback and posting that info with contact information would really help. I'm skeptical that this will ever happen with this group...

Something that has bugged me, for those who read the first thread before the close: Was "tpt82" (or something) really Mr. Nagy? Because if it was, I feel that if you have a good head on your shoulders, you would speak for yourself in this situation instead of hiding behind anonymity.

Eclipse = Fist Chance

Accent = Second Chance

No Chances left!!!

I'm getting a bit more understanding of where this is coming from. Thanks, Stu for helping. On one hand there is a case for taking action about deception, dishonesty, if not outright theft. On the other hand is the case for tolerance where a well-meaning intention went bad. I don't have a horse in this race other than I want the best for our activity. I am shutting up so that the more knowledgable partners can have their say.

Kevin