Blue Devils 2012 show clue

Surely this demonstrates the Blue Devil's emphasis on conceptual aural vision. This is a vehicle for engaging the audience through contour while the performers establish communications skills and emotional commitment.

Let me put it another way: Look past the canvas; sees the sheets.

HH - doesn't have to be a art critic to critique the judging

• Like 1

Another thought, a Midnight to Paris type theme.

A show that tries to make people think it's smart because it drops names of 1920s artists in place of actual wit? :cool:

• Like 6

Well, being the dork that I am, I checked into the artist and his history with any composers. What I came up with is this. "Entr'acte", roughly translated, "Between the Acts" was a short surrealist film he played a brief part in. This film was used quite literally as a transition between the acts of an avant garde ballet called "Relache" with music by Eric Satie. Source material for their show? Maybe...

I will be thrilled if I managed to make the right tangential leaps and guessed this correctly.

Edited by Cron

On a funny note,

From http://www.zingmagazine.com/issue19/nechvatal.html........

"Picabia eventually blended this machinist aesthetic with representations of the human body, creating his significant auto-erotic (and dea ex machina) mechanomorphic period - the strongest work in the show. By this artistic amalgamation, prevailing cyber-sensations were admirably hypothesized in advance. Indeed, one immediately thinks of the contemporary paintings of Gerwald Rockenschaub, with their hard-edge metallic geometric renderings of computer scenes and/or creatures. Yes, through Picabia we may trace the movement from mechanomorphic art into infomorphic art."

They're finally marching a show with cyborgs! I knew it would happen eventually, though I expected the Cavaliers...

I know I'm quoting myself, and taking many guesses, but Here's an appropriate like to the article I foundMy link.

That said, I believe the show, if not based upon "French Impressionism" may have something to do with the "Blending of machinist aesthetic with representations of the human body."

A bigger statement to back up my hypothesis "Painting in a dry but radiant, even combustible, style (for example in the painting "Parade amoureuse" (Love Parade) (1918)) Picabia raises the issue of a bottomless contemporary dilemma - the interface/dialectic between body and machine. If in cyberspace our ontologies are adrift vis-a-vis how personal subjectivity was once understood, Picabia's central idea in "Parade amoureuse" leads us right up to that slippery elocution between mechanical embodiment and subjectivity - between physical embodiment and machine assistance/circumvention - where we viractually teeter this very moment. Undoubtedly, with the Dada mechanomorphic period Picabia illustrates nicely our spatialized digital paradigm by mixing implied bodies with mechanical schematics. Here the cyborg body receives an ecstatic capability through the repetitions of machinery. Of course what "disappears" or is "disembodied" is not the material body but an abstract notion of the self. This de-presentation is followed by a reconstruction of embodiment into what is now commonly known as the posthuman condition."

Although very "introspective", This idea of leading the listener and watcher into false conclusions of the mechanics of both "body" and "machine" can be neat. Expecting to see one thing visually and getting another, or musically being surprised when the "mechanics of music" change. I can expect some "morphing" of the aural sounds of the instruments via electronics or mechanism, or the use of certain props in a way they're not traditionally used?

Then again, its a shot in the dark, and I expect to win the lottery before I get this guess correct.

But, wasting time is fun....

• Like 1

ooo steam punk.....even I cant hate on BD if they do that :-)

FWIW RCC (Riverside Community College) WGI IW did a show a few years ago called 'My Steampunk Heart' that could make a cool Blue Devils show: kind of a modern twist on a classic BD show. RCC shares some staff & designers with Blue Devils, and maybe they will do something like RCC's show.

Possibility #1:

The Love Parade (1929)

107 min - Comedy | Musical | Romance - 1930 (Austria)

Reviews: 22 user | 17 critic

The queen of mythical Sylvania marries a courtier, who finds his new life unsatisfying.

Director: Ernst Lubitsch

Writers: Ernest Vajda (by), Guy Bolton (by), and 2 more credits »

Stars:Maurice Chevalier, Jeanette MacDonald and Lupino Lane

Possibility #2:

Love Parade From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search For other uses, see Love Parade (disambiguation).

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (July 2008)

Love Parade

Loveparade

Location(s) Various locations in Germany

Years active 1989–2003; 2006–2008; 2010

Inaugurated 1989

Genre Electronic dance music festival and parade

The Love Parade (German: Loveparade) was a popular electronic dance music festival and parade that originated in 1989 in West Berlin, Germany. It has been held annually in Germany 1989-2003 in Berlin, then again in 2006 in Berlin and from 2007 to 2010 in the Ruhr region. The 2004 and 2005 events in Berlin and the 2009 event in Bochum [1] were cancelled.

On 24 July 2010, a crowd rush at the Love Parade caused the death of 21 people, with at least 500 others injured.[2] As a consequence of this, the organiser of the festival announced that no further Love Parades would be held and that the festival was permanently cancelled.[3][4][5]

This just posted on the Blue Devils' Facebook page about 20 minutes ago. Caption: A clue.

The game begins - have at it.

p-picabia5.htmhttp:

Love Parade?

That could get racy for sure! Google it and look at the images... shutup.gif

They could have also used this image: The_Love_Parade-poster.jpg

Well, being the dork that I am, I checked into the artist and his history with any composers. What I came up with is this. "Entr'acte", roughly translated, "Between the Acts" was a short surrealist film he played a brief part in. This film was used quite literally as a transition between the acts of an avant garde ballet called "Relache" with music by Eric Satie. Source material for their show? Maybe...

I will be thrilled if I managed to make the right tangential leaps and guessed this correctly.

Erik Satie?? <33 (although soooo not BD, IMHO).