A tour question for vets, staff and volunteers

Time to get up early and work out with the corps.

Or get up before the corps if your cooking breakfast!

I went through three air mattresses (before giving up and sleeping on my luggage or on risers) my rookie year. My second year I bought an Aerobed (double size) and it lasted for three years and is still going strong, even with two people sleeping on it and the rigors of three tours.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as soccer guy.

While I am a smaller framed guy I still haven't had the best of luck with air mattresses. For me the combination of an inflatable sleeping pad and nice full sleeping bag did the trick.

It also helps when everyone is trying to find an outlet or batteries for the air mattresses at 2 or 3 in the morning and you just have to roll out your pad, let it self inflate, and may blow in it a couple of times.

Most of the time I would sleep on the sleeping pad and bag and just cover myself with a light blanket that I would zip up into my sleeping bag.

I have one that looks like the one you posted. Mine came from Cabela's. ( I think they sell theirs a little cheaper.) I love it for tour ! I'm the same weight as you, just not as tall. A peice of advice, get yourself a 3 foot peace of old broom handle to aid in putting the end peices on.

• Like 1

I have one that looks like the one you posted. Mine came from Cabela's. ( I think they sell theirs a little cheaper.) I love it for tour ! I'm the same weight as you, just not as tall. A peice of advice, get yourself a 3 foot peace of old broom handle to aid in putting the end peices on.

I got the same piece of advice from the guy who initially recommended it. At least until I've broken it in, at least, so that confirms it. Last thing I need to be doing at 4 in the morning in Utah is wrestling with a cot while the rest of the staff is trying to catch some zzz's.

Again, I'm pushing 50, and in almost 25 years of professional cinematography experience, I have NEVER encountered a community of people so eager to look out for each other as the one I first met in drum corps four decades ago.

Drum corps rocks. Period. :worthy: