Links to 2012 DCI media

Thanks for all the great media links. I checked out everything marked here. I have to say my favorite of everything so far, is Jersey Surf. I think they could see a step up in placement with those selections. I have to say the last 2 seasons I haven't been that excited about their shows. Great performances from the kids, but just not my favorite musical selections or visual packages. I am excited to see their visual package to go along with these arrangments.

Crossmen video is great, looking forward to seeing their whole show.

Colts have some great music, love the arrangements, but don't see them back in top 12 with that package.

Cadets-great sounding, but don't foresee liking this show much at all this summer. Hope they prove me wrong.

Cascades-not quite thrilled with this music, but still can't wait to hear it live.

Boston Crusaders-sounding very nice,loving the arrangements. Thinking they might surprise a corps or two above them with this show.

Spirit-previously I was wondering if they could stay in top 12, but after this preview, they are sounding great. Seems a little more intense than last year. I can't wait to hear/see selections from all the other corps. Hopefully there will be lots of links coming in the near future. It seems like May is the time a lot of corps start to unwrap parts of their shows to the public.

This was a great thread to start to get video clips added and perhaps Corps practice observance shared with the DCP community. GREAT idea. There is such an unwarranted level of off season secrecy with these Corps that it rivals a CIA operation, not a DCI Operation. I understand the need for Corps to maybe keep some things under wraps, but good grief, in an activity crying out for exposure, lets not go so overboard here with things. Getting info on Corps in the offseason rivals that of trying to get info on a CIA Covert Operation requiring secrecy that is beyond the pale. For heavens sake... its Drum Corps. Open the windows and let the fresh air in. Its May. What harm does it do to provide us video clips to see the show as its being developed ?.. and more than just 10 seconds worth or whatever ? Show us what you got. We know these shows are all a work in progress. But why lock the public out ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I haven't been following what corps are playing this year, so just saw Cadets are doing Christmas music.. first thought (not a good one) is 1985 Bridgemen.. I'd imagine this will be a tad better :-)

Honestly, when I think Christmas and drum corps, I think of Cavies 91. One heck of a show!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great media links. I checked out everything marked here. I have to say my favorite of everything so far, is Jersey Surf. I think they could see a step up in placement with those selections. I have to say the last 2 seasons I haven't been that excited about their shows. Great performances from the kids, but just not my favorite musical selections or visual packages. I am excited to see their visual package to go along with these arrangments.

Crossmen video is great, looking forward to seeing their whole show.

Colts have some great music, love the arrangements, but don't see them back in top 12 with that package.

Cadets-great sounding, but don't foresee liking this show much at all this summer. Hope they prove me wrong.

Cascades-not quite thrilled with this music, but still can't wait to hear it live.

Boston Crusaders-sounding very nice,loving the arrangements. Thinking they might surprise a corps or two above them with this show.

Spirit-previously I was wondering if they could stay in top 12, but after this preview, they are sounding great. Seems a little more intense than last year. I can't wait to hear/see selections from all the other corps. Hopefully there will be lots of links coming in the near future. It seems like May is the time a lot of corps start to unwrap parts of their shows to the public.

The Colts clips posted in this thread are of concert pieces and warm-ups, not from the show music. Our winter camp sites don't always lead to great video/audio recording, so you may not hear a whole lot of new stuff until we get outside next month. Our facebook page is generally the first/easiest place to find the good stuff :)

The Colts clips posted in this thread are of concert pieces and warm-ups, not from the show music. Our winter camp sites don't always lead to great video/audio recording, so you may not hear a whole lot of new stuff until we get outside next month. Our facebook page is generally the first/easiest place to find the good stuff :)

Thanks for the updates. I did notice yesterday the Colts 2012 show had been announced, and noticed the songs from these videos posted weren't from the show. I am looking forward to hearing this years show music. I'll check on their facebook page for updates.

Thanks for the updates. I did notice yesterday the Colts 2012 show had been announced, and noticed the songs from these videos posted weren't from the show. I am looking forward to hearing this years show music. I'll check on their facebook page for updates.

Yeah, sorry. Just did a youtube search and that's what came up. At the time had no idea what their show was.

Yeah, sorry. Just did a youtube search and that's what came up. At the time had no idea what their show was.

No need to apologize. I appreciate the effort you took to post those links. I still enjoyed listening to the clips. I can't wait for June 22nd when I get to see my first live show of the year. But until then, more clips.

No problem! Try this new link, the background music is one source for the show and will give you some guard hints as well:

No problem! Try this new link, the background music is one source for the show and will give you some guard hints as well:

Wow, Colts have it pretty good! I've never had epic music playing in the background at my all-days! That definitely would have brightened my spirits during circle drill days.

Wow, Colts have it pretty good! I've never had epic music playing in the background at my all-days! That definitely would have brightened my spirits during circle drill days.

LOL---At the last Colt Cadet camp I was thinking how cool it was that the kids had this dance soundtrack-mix thing for their stretching/cals that they do to start each day, and "back in the day" we would do our best to crank up the radio in some random car while unloading stuff and stretching in a parking lot. The tape players never had a "random mix" button to push for 1000+ songs :tongue: