All corps on the same horns?

So they would all sound the same...?

Must...refrain....from going..on...rant...about...Corps....identity.....>_<

Never. Too many brass staffs with different conceptions of sound.

:cool: True that. Plus different mouthpiece sizes add different timbres and colors, correct?

Turns out, most hornlines use different people too, so they would sound pretty different anyway.

Wouldn't the goal be to get them all sound the same though? With the same horns, different people SHOULD sound the same with consistent brass teaching as hornandsoccer said, right?

Are you talking quality or substantive difference in color and texture of the sound of one group v another?

Wouldn't the goal be to get them all sound the same though? With the same horns, different people SHOULD sound the same with consistent brass teaching as hornandsoccer said, right?

Are you talking quality or substantive difference in color and texture of the sound of one group v another?

I'm pretty sure all this topic was about was all corps using the same horns- not the same technique, staff, etc. Maybe I'm confused.

Glassmen will be playing on Kings.

Just talked to a buddy who is at the camp this weekend. Turns out the new horns are Jupiter, not King.

I think the move to B flat horns made it much more possible and affordable to go on the same model horns....mainly because the corps can get a sponsor deal, sell the horns after the summer and get a new line the following year. I remember back in the 90's corps would buy horns by the sections....I remember Magic in 97 getting their new contras....I also remember Madison and Boston being the first to buy the 4 valve contras in 99. I also remember Glassmen were still marching 2 valve king contras in 99 as well.

I am surprised that DEG is now out of the mix at least horn wise....do any corps still use the percussion line?

Just talked to a buddy who is at the camp this weekend. Turns out the new horns are Jupiter, not King.

Interesting. I know they'd been trying out Kings earlier this season. Guess Jupiter won out in the end.

Good riddance to those Dynasty horns though. I think they were the last World Class corps on them.