Few Brass Spots at SOA (1 tpt, 1 tuba, 1 bari)

The number 80 is the problem. Just because DCI is allowing it, doesn't mean you have to do it.

Go back to a 72 line and you wouldn't have these issues and that's 8 less ticks to clean too.

Edited by xbones7480

The number 80 is the problem. Just because DCI is allowing it, doesn't mean you have to do it.

Go back to a 72 line and you wouldn't have these issues and that's 8 less ticks to clean too.

I guess the corps management and staff felt like an 80-person hornline was part of what they needed to move up out of that grouping of corps fighting for the 12th spot and into the next echelon.

I think it's just more evidence that the corps is looking ahead this year, and not looking back.

• Like 2

I guess the corps management and staff felt like an 80-person hornline was part of what they needed to move up out of that grouping of corps fighting for the 12th spot and into the next echelon.

I think it's just more evidence that the corps is looking ahead this year, and not looking back.

Crossmen is going with 72 for the same reason ; ) Cleaner is better if you ask me.

Adding the 8 bodies to the guard enhances the visual package.

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

Crossmen is going with 72 for the same reason ; ) Cleaner is better if you ask me.

And I wish Crossmen all the luck in the world. I hope their decision to go with 72 brass works as well for them as I'm sure Spirit's decision to march 80 will work for them.

• Like 1

17th place is rarely cleaner than 12th. Crossmen would likely struggle more than Spirit to find 80 quality players. It gets harder when you have so many years in a row of bad show design, lackluster execution, and constant turnover in the membership and staff. To suggest that a corps with 72 horns has a leg up against someone with 80 is misguided, IMO. (I say this as someone who wants nothing more than to see Crossmen back in the Saturday night show.)

Everyone has holes now. I'm sure Crossmen do also.

As for Spirit, since this thread is about them... I think Spirit will be ready to kick some serious ### this year. I'm excited for what I believe I will hear and see. I would like to see them climb the ladder a bit =)

Counted 15 or 16 contras on the Memorial Day video of them playing Georgia.

Did they fill the tuba spot or is that alumni?

Sounds fantastic btw.

I think I saw 2 maybe 3 alumni contras there.