East to West Coast

I'd be more inclined to think that a west coast swing would help them, that bonding, more focused thing Corps often come back stronger from west coast tours

Maybe its just getting the benefit of early season judges read against BD / SCV, which is usually a closer spread earlier in the season, could add momentum

Probably helps with their recruiting too. You know, if you see a corps live it is so much more different than if you see them on tv.

I would guess that this must be some of the rational and justification for the tour ( in addition to the 20 other reasons)

Jeff

I’d be more inclined to think that a west coast swing would help them, that bonding, more focused thing Corps often come back stronger from west coast tours

Maybe its just getting the benefit of early season judges read against BD / SCV, which is usually a closer spread earlier in the season, could add momentum

I'm thinking that despite the early season grind to come west, this trip would have some desided benefits for PR, in that by time they finish the Clovis show on the 7th day they will have had judging feedback from four shows and will have already gone head-to-head against 9 of the other 11 top corps from last year (minus only Madison and Spirit). Although they will have sacrificed some practice time, I'd think this would give them a good read on where they stand and what they need to be working on, which in turn may make future practice time much more productive and effective.

[Along a similar line of thought, will the fact that BD and BAC will have had a lot more practice time before the Clovis show on the 22nd, but no judged competitions, be an advantage due to the extra time on the practice field, or a disadvantage due to not yet having had any judged feedback?]

Sorry about the formatting, it looked great the first time I saved the post.

The Cavaliers have been to California at least twice in the DCI era.

The last time that I'm aware of besides Pasadena was in 1997 with the second Firebird show. I remember seeing them in Riverside and in Tulare for sure... Shoop! tongue.gif

1997 7th place

92.800The Firebird - Introduction to Rite of Spring * Berceuse (from The Firebird Suite) * Carrilon (from The Firebird Suite) * Retinue (from The Firebird Suite) * Infernal Dance (from the Firebird Suite) * Finale (from the Firebird Suite)

June 20 Vallejo CA DCI West 2 73.200

June 21 Hayward CA DCI West 2 74.400

June 26 Tulare CA DCI West2 77.400

June 27 Riverside CA DCI West 2 79.600

June 28 Fullerton CA DCI West 2 80.900

5th 94.000

The Cavaliers - Heroes, A Symphonic Trilogy (Journey..Conflict.. Triumph) - The Symphonic Cantata * Heroes, Lost and Fallen * Morning Alleluias (for the Winter Solstice)

June 18 La Mirada CA DCW 1 70.600

June 19 Riverside CA DCW 1 72.600

June 20 Costa Mesa CA DCW 1 75.100

June 23 Merced CA DCW 1 77.100

June 25 Hayward CA DCW 1 75.900

June 26 Sacramento CA DCW 1 78.400

June 28 Ogden UT DCW 1 75.600

I'm not sure about the 70s or Pre-dci... Maybe they only went as far as Denver...

They HAVE done California at least 3 times, but I know it's time for them to go back! thumbup.gif

And don't forget the 2004 tour of champions (or whatever it was called) for the week after finals in Cali.