DCI World Championships August 9th thru 11th 2012

mojo67

Greetings Everyone!

Two months from today thousands of drum corps fans will begin infiltrating Indianapolis, Indiana for the 2012 DCI World Championships.

The Candlewood Suites, (which is where I work)is just minutes outside of downtown off of 465/I-70. This hotel is approximately 7 miles from Lucas Oil Stadium. While many facilities close to Lucas Oil may be within walking distance, we offer free parking, free internet service, a complete kitchen facility with a microwave, full size fridge (with ice maker), dishwasher, two top range, pots, pans, silverware, and dishes. We even have an area that sells microwavable foods, ice cream, chips, snacks, and breakfast foods. Plus sodas for 50 cents. There are a good selection of restaurants available in the area for breakfast and dinner as well.

This hotel is only two years old, well kept, and provides great service.

I am offering a special rate for the DCI weekend. This is for a limited time only and yes it is much cheaper than what one would pay to stay downtown. Click on the below link:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/indianapolis/indss/hoteldetail

On the left hand side it will ask for a group code. The group code is DCI. The rate is valid August 8th through the departure date of August 12th. If you wish to arrive at an earlier date or stay a day or two longer please contact the hotel directly.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call the hotel directly at 317-495-6600 or you can personally email me at bsanders67@gmail.com

Thank You,

Bryan

Edited by mojo67
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Everyone!

Two months from today thousands of drum corps fans will begin infiltrating Indianapolis, Indiana for the 2012 DCI World Championships.

The Candlewood Suites, (which is where I work)is just minutes outside of downtown off of 465/I-70. This hotel is approximately 7 miles from Lucas Oil Stadium. While many facilities close to Lucas Oil may be within walking distance, we offer free parking, free internet service, a complete kitchen facility with a microwave, full size fridge (with ice maker), dishwasher, two top range, pots, pans, silverware, and dishes. We even have an area that sells microwavable foods, ice cream, chips, snacks, and breakfast foods. Plus sodas for 50 cents. There are a good selection of restaurants available in the area for breakfast and dinner as well.

This hotel is only two years old, well kept, and provides great service.

I am offering a special rate for the DCI weekend. This is for a limited time only and yes it is much cheaper than what one would pay to stay downtown. Click on the below link:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/indianapolis/indss/hoteldetail

On the left hand side it will ask for a group code. The group code is DCI. The rate is valid August 8th through the departure date of August 12th. If you wish to arrive at an earlier date or stay a day or two longer please contact the hotel directly.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call the hotel directly at 317-495-6600 or you can personally email me at bsanders67@gmail.com

Thank You,

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys gonna be running a shuttle to the airport and to downtown for folks who stay there?

I already accomodations at a hotel downtown. Does anyone have recommendations for travel from and to the airport? Is downtown close enough to the airport where getting a taxi isn't that expensive?

I already accomodations at a hotel downtown. Does anyone have recommendations for travel from and to the airport? Is downtown close enough to the airport where getting a taxi isn't that expensive?

green line bus.... Green line bus

Departs every 20 minutes & only 15 minutes away from downtown Indy.

My recommendation is to take the frequent #8 Washington Street bus. The city bus is the most affordable way to head from the airport to downtown. Visit indygo's website for a schedule. Often, the bus runs every 20-30 minutes.

One-way fare is $1.75. No change given. Two one-dollar bills are often easier to deal with.

Day passes run $4.

I may be DeanInChicago, but I'm in Indy monthly, taking the #31 to Greenwood.