Season 18 Discussion Thread

Tonight's shows- which should be wrapping up soon!

West coast corps pay a call to the Bay Area with a show at Dublin HS in Dublin CA.

DublinCADublinHS4000.jpg

Midwest corps have a surprisingly low turnout at the Fort Wayne event at Homestead HS, but the competition should still be good.

FtWayneINHomesteadHS4000.jpg

The easterns venture into central New Jersey with a visit to Liberty HS, a great venue for both high school bands and drum corps alike.

JacksonNJLibertyHS3000.jpg

But the most anticipated show is the Winter Park FL event, taking place at Lake Brantley HS. A parade through the city earlier today opened up the event, and it will wrap up with tonight's on-field show.

WinterParkFLLakeBrantleyHS3000-1.jpg

I'll try to address some of the questions raised about caption scheduling tomorrow morning if I have time- got too bogged down at work to look at them seriously today, unfortunately.

But the most anticipated show is the Winter Park FL event, taking place at Lake Brantley HS. A parade through the city earlier today opened up the event, and it will wrap up with tonight's on-field show.

WinterParkFLLakeBrantleyHS3000-1.jpg

Cool. Lake Brantley HS is like a mile from my house. Not a bad stadium setup there.

Congrats to Nastalgia Vanguard on their performance last night. It rained off and on but we got it in. Great crowd.

Yeah that rain last night help our GE socres a lil bit. NMP is starting to click into gear just in time for Regionals. That West Coast swing sure gave NPE some fortitude though. Could we say "sweep" in the Midwest for the NMP?

Yeah that rain last night help our GE socres a lil bit. NMP is starting to click into gear just in time for Regionals. That West Coast swing sure gave NPE some fortitude though. Could we say "sweep" in the Midwest for the NMP?

Through my dead corps. :rock:

Through my dead corps. :rock:

Through mine as well. :cool:

Cool. Lake Brantley HS is like a mile from my house. Not a bad stadium setup there.

Any chance of you getting some daytime pics of this venue for the database? :smile:

That's a good question. Will the one change a week restriction be suppressed as well? Or do we need to plan on making sure we have not made any changes in the last week in order to be able to make the more then 3 changes?

I don't believe this question has been answered. It would be good to know. I don't want to get stuck again. Can we update today and still get re-set to do it tomorrow?

Going into regionals, I have made a tweak to allow directors to change captions twice per week to better set up the amnesty day on Sunday. The daily limit shall remain.

Yesterday, most corps took the day off to get ready for regionals, while some corps took advantage of one last performance opportunity. Fremont HS in Sunnyvale CA hosted west coast corps in a return to that facility since its recent renovation. Harding OH in Marion OH held a special US Open tribute show, Milford HS in Milford DE saw a very close finish between California Knights and Mountain Devils, and Treasure Coast Gold rose to the top at their home state competition at Melbourne HS in Melbourne FL.

SunnyvaleCAFremontHS3000.jpg

MarionOHHardingHS3000.jpg

MilfordDEMilfordHS4000.jpg

MelbourneFLMelbourneHS4000.jpg

Finally, today is the start of regional championships which span the next two days. Our new tradition of slightly smaller regional venues will continue this season.

Southern corps will break in FAU's new on-campus stadium in Miami FL.

MiamiFLFAUStadium30000-1.jpg

Eastern corps visit the hallowed ground of Navy-Marine Corps Stadium in Annapolis MD.

ANnapolisMD2.jpg

West coast corps have the largest regional venue at Stanford Stadium in Stanford CA.

StanfordCAStanfordStadium50000-1.jpg

Finally, Midwest corps visit Crew Stadium in Columbus OH, which has one of the finest natural grass fields in existence.

ColumbusOHCrewStadium25000-2.jpg

I don't believe this question has been answered. It would be good to know. I don't want to get stuck again. Can we update today and still get re-set to do it tomorrow?

Also can you let us know the timing of the "ALL" caption ability? I am traveling this weekend and just wanted to know if this runs like Sunday (12AM to 12PM) or some other 24 hour period. Thanks!

Edited by StarOrg