Cavaliers in Trouble?

Does the corps or guard reference Andy Warhol in any way? I hope they wear Andy Warhol wigs and sunglasses. That would be hilarious.

The negativity on here is just a case of early-onset Schadenfreude.

I have watched plenty of shows in early season in years past that ended up doing well and thought...what is THIS?

Even Cadets last years...if the videos are still available on youtube...you will find quite a few negative early season comments from posters predicting they weren't going to do well. Some posters called it right, but I remember others saying it was boring or visually not up to snuff or the guard was a mess, etc., and look what happened.

I have been in and around this activity for a while. Long enough to tell you that the spreads, the scores, the placements (for the most part) don't matter early season. They just don't. If the cavaliers are still struggling mid July, then lets talk.

Yes, this is what seems to be the approach I take on "predicting" [if you will] a corps season each year. For me, I like to look at the point in time when the 85 point barrier is broken. In racing, you can't make your move so late in the race that you run out of territory [distance].

In 2002 The Cavaliers met that score 6/30, went undefeated that year. In years when that score was met significantly later, such as a month later-their final placements tend to be 4th, 5th, 7th ['94, '88, '97].

So, I will see when this year's product arrives at that break point and watch the head to head match ups.

I dunno, that's how I like to do it anyway.

lol, nice now 'PC' title.

I am probably missing something, but can someone explain what Dies Irae has to do with Fame?

The Dies Irae you are hearing is from Michael Daugherty's Dead Elvis.

Also I see lady gaga and' THE HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING on the rep list, but didn't hear it. I was excited about hall of the mountain king ... hmm..

It's in there in the closer.

Does the corps or guard reference Andy Warhol in any way? I hope they wear Andy Warhol wigs and sunglasses. That would be hilarious.

The negativity on here is just a case of early-onset Schadenfreude.

I have watched plenty of shows in early season in years past that ended up doing well and thought...what is THIS?

Even Cadets last years...if the videos are still available on youtube...you will find quite a few negative early season comments from posters predicting they weren't going to do well. Some posters called it right, but I remember others saying it was boring or visually not up to snuff or the guard was a mess, etc., and look what happened.

When I first heard that The Cadets had scrapped the Pearl Harbor Theme and decided in December to do a Christmas themed show I thought somebody on staff there must have inadvertently got a bad icecube in their drink at the office Christmas Party. But now that I 've seen and heard the show, it seems to work nicely for them and its an engaging show, imo. Things change... sometimes including our preconceived notions, perceptions, etc too.

lol, nice now 'PC' title.

I am probably missing something, but can someone explain what Dies Irae has to do with Fame?

Also I see lady gaga and' THE HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING on the rep list, but didn't hear it. I was excited about hall of the mountain king ... hmm..

As far as the Gaga part, you can hear it mixed in with the Dead Elvis as well. Haven't heard the closer yet.

I'm not even going to read a single post in this thread. The Cavaiers are a first class organization with a very talented staff. Add to that the fact that they recruit some of the best talent in DCI. This year is no different. They will be fine.

• Like 2

Well who really thinks the staff is inexperienced?

The design staff is the same except for the new drill writer.

The visual staff is filled with guys who marched in the corps, which is how it's always been. In fact, I marched with 6 of them.

The guard staff is filled with guys who marched in the corps, which is how it's always been.

The brass staff has been on since 2010.

The drum staff is the same.

I'm not sure where this meme of an inexperienced Cavaliers staff got started.

Mr. Mendoza, I was responding to one of the previous posters statements at calling the staff "inexperienced".

I marched with most of the staff too so i'm aware of how things work. All I was saying is don't count them out yet.