Albuquerque, Tues. 6/19

Just to answer a few questions, last years show was at the University of New Mexico but do to the field getting new turf they moved it to this this HS. In 2009-10 it was at Rio Rancho HS.

Academy show did feel really short. The reason the show took so long is due to only four corps performing each one did a little encore. The show was jammed with people in the smaller stadium.

Neat story came from academy tonight originally they were not coming up to this due to wanting to save some money before leaving for a full tour, but a couple from New Mexico stepped up and paid full 2 days of tour so the corps could come up for the New Mexico fans.

• Like 5

I'm shocked by Academy's low score but I do think they will be very good season...that is all.

• Like 2

1340168219[/url]' post='3151760']

I don't know about that.... Yeah, they're doing well, but it's June. They are still behind Crown, who had a 73 last night, the Blue Devils haven't had a show yet, the Cadets won Saturday night, everyone else will clean till August....

I'm not saying Phantom isn't good this year, but can they keep cleaning and adding enough to go all the way till August? Or will they peak out because they have nothing else to clean and improve on? They are shockingly clean for June, but Finals isn't for 7 more weeks of competition.

When did Crown score a 73? I saw a 71.3 on the second night of the season.

When did Crown score a 73? I saw a 71.3 on the second night of the season.

Dude... your right

can't compare scores from different shows... PR BEAT crown when they were at the same show... so technically they are beating crown.

but I get the point of what you are saying.

Who were beat by the Cadets, who were then beat by Crown the next night. My point is that you cannot assume that Phantom is beating Crown or that they will continue to even beat Vanguard. They may, but nothing is a guarantee right now. When we get further down the line, things will start to level out and we will be able to really see what everyone's chances are.

• Like 1

I really think they are in a hunt to win it this year. Dont underestimate these guys.

I said earlier that I thought they won the Akron show.

So funny how we all tend to panic and want to equate that to finals placements.... Ok- Academy is going to be fine, looking forward to seeing them later this summer. BK is also going to be just fine- Judges and the corps need a few shows to work out kinks. SCV from all indications is on fire coming from all days but the too were not given great marks- they'll be amazing I'm sure.... Phantom's as clean as I've seen a corps for this time of year and yet their only scoring a 70.... It's gonna be a lower scoring summer from all is what it looks like and that's fine. Numbers have been out of control in early season last few years so it's gonna be more gradual. Good luck to all 4 of these corps going forward. I hope come August all of them will be in the Saturday Night Show!!

• Like 1

Phantom is sort of a beast this year haha :P

Phantom Regiment won all captions last nite. Its June and there is a long way to go. Congratulations to them as they had a good nite in New Mexico last nite. I really like their show. Good luck to all the Corps. Its shaping up as an interesting season so far, with surprises galore.

Edited by BRASSO

And the next night Crown popped a 73. Yes, comparing different shows doesn't always work, I know.

I'm sure thy'll keep cleaning, but can they keep going. If they're this clean already, what will they have to clean in August.

I had the same doubts last year, and they pretty much came true. People were saying Phantom would medal, or possibly win with Juliet, and they ended up in 5th because they're wasn't enough to keep them going to August.

I just have the same vibe that this could be like Bluecoats '07. They came out on fire, beat everyone at one point or another, and ended up in 7th. There just wasn't enough content to go all the way to Finals.

Again, I'm not trying to argue either, but I think there is a fine line between hyping and over-hyping based on two shows.

1.Add more be-headings.

2.Add zombie apocalypse ending.

3.Profit!

• Like 1