Albuquerque, Tues. 6/19

I'm not surprised by these placings, however the scores: yes.

Also, I just remembered, we must consider the fact that the Academy spent all last week prepping for their theater show. They are just playing catch-up.

In my opinion, these scores do not reflect what is to come this season. Not at all.

....then again, if these corps progress (and they should get better!) at the same rate, the placing might not change....

recap is up. no guard/drums/brass

And every corps scored exactly in every caption where they scored in finals scores. That's not something you see every day. Could be because there was no brass/drum/guard judges.

Phantom is sort of a beast this year haha :P

• Like 3

I really think they are in a hunt to win it this year. Dont underestimate these guys.

• Like 2

Must be the all-female guard, blinding everyone with their beauty & grace.

Or the new brass staff, blinding everyone with their beauty & grace...

Wait a second...

• Like 2

I really think they are in a hunt to win it this year. Dont underestimate these guys.

I don't know about that.... Yeah, they're doing well, but it's June. They are still behind Crown, who had a 73 last night, the Blue Devils haven't had a show yet, the Cadets won Saturday night, everyone else will clean till August....

I'm not saying Phantom isn't good this year, but can they keep cleaning and adding enough to go all the way till August? Or will they peak out because they have nothing else to clean and improve on? They are shockingly clean for June, but Finals isn't for 7 more weeks of competition.

• Like 2

I don't know about that.... Yeah, they're doing well, but it's June. They are still behind Crown, who had a 73 last night, the Blue Devils haven't had a show yet, the Cadets won Saturday night, everyone else will clean till August....

I'm not saying Phantom isn't good this year, but can they keep cleaning and adding enough to go all the way till August? Or will they peak out because they have nothing else to clean and improve on? They are shockingly clean for June, but Finals isn't for 7 more weeks of competition.

can't compare scores from different shows... PR BEAT crown when they were at the same show... so technically they are beating crown.

but I get the point of what you are saying.

• Like 1

Exactly. Since we're looking at Academy falling somewhere between 12-16 (based on history), what does this mean for the corps 17-22? Could we be seeing 40s at their first shows or even lower?

I'm guessing Academy is one of those corps between 17-22.

• Like 1

I don't know about that.... Yeah, they're doing well, but it's June. They are still behind Crown, who had a 73 last night,

Actually head to head Phantom beat crown. Comparing scores from different shows is dangerous.

everyone else will clean till August....

Just like Phantom will.

Its Phantom we are talking about. Is their anyone else more notorious for adding and editing?

Not meaning to argue or anything, but all your reasons that Phantom might not win, are also reasons why Phantom might win.

• Like 6

Actually head to head Phantom beat crown. Comparing scores from different shows is dangerous.

Just like Phantom will.

Its Phantom we are talking about. Is their anyone else more notorious for adding and editing?

Not meaning to argue or anything, but all your reasons that Phantom might not win, are also reasons why Phantom might win.

And the next night Crown popped a 73. Yes, comparing different shows doesn't always work, I know.

I'm sure thy'll keep cleaning, but can they keep going. If they're this clean already, what will they have to clean in August.

I had the same doubts last year, and they pretty much came true. People were saying Phantom would medal, or possibly win with Juliet, and they ended up in 5th because they're wasn't enough to keep them going to August.

I just have the same vibe that this could be like Bluecoats '07. They came out on fire, beat everyone at one point or another, and ended up in 7th. There just wasn't enough content to go all the way to Finals.

Again, I'm not trying to argue either, but I think there is a fine line between hyping and over-hyping based on two shows.