Cadets Louisville SNAFU

While also referring to their coach as "classless" in your email, correct?

Yes I used classless - specifically I said, I hope this was an oversight, if not it is a classless act to pull a signed contract on anyone, let alone a drum corp that already has a difficult time finding suitable facilities. I also did NOT use the name of ANY corps in the email.

You can judge as you wish, but I have no issue with what I said. Enjoy the ride!

Sorry I have been to Louisville a few times, and it's a crappy town - Churchill Downs was OK. Just My Own Personal Opinion.

You couldn't have gone to Cardinal Stadium and not been impressed. It's one of the best facilities in the US, bar none! Crown had 2 great days of practice time there and improved their show immensely...

Hate bringing this back up, but Kentucky state marching band finals were moved from Louisville to Western Kentucky June 19th. All bands were notified today.

To paraphrase an email sent:

The Papa Johns Stadium manager has been advised to no longer schedule non football related events because these activities interfere with UL's ability to provide support to the football team. KMEA was notified on June 19.

Hate bringing this back up, but Kentucky state marching band finals were moved from Louisville to Western Kentucky June 19th. All bands were notified today.

Western Kentucky Stadium.

wku.jpg

Versus Papa John's Stadium.

UofL%20Papa%20Johns%20Stadium%20Expansion%20Aerial-curve-large.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo

Wow, Louisville....great way to NOT MAKE ANY MONEY! I think it would be great if the stadium manager said to the Athletic Dept.... "Outbid them!" ha Oh well.

But Mike, that picture you posted is the newly renovated "visitor's side". The home side seating is considerably larger at WKU. Big enough for a marching band show at least.

L.T._Smith_Stadium.jpg

Wow, Louisville....great way to NOT MAKE ANY MONEY! I think it would be great if the stadium manager said to the Athletic Dept.... "Outbid them!" ha Oh well.

But Mike, that picture you posted is the newly renovated "visitor's side". The home side seating is considerably larger at WKU. Big enough for a marching band show at least.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. It looked like the home side because of what I thought was a press box. Is the new visitors' side the old home side?

Without doing any research which would require to use Google.... My best guess is they just completely renovated the existing visitors side and built luxury boxes. If you look at your photo that's what those look like rather than a press box. I'm sure the pressbox is still at the top of the old existing home side. </somethingIpulledcompletelyoutofmyrearend>

Ok ....i looked it up:

The 2011 season will be WKU's 44th in Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium, and the third since the facility underwent a massive renovation.

The renovation of Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium began in April 2006 and featured the construction of a new west side of the stadium while also including a significant renovation of the stadium's existing east side. The stadium's capacity now stands at 22,113. The first phase of the renovation to Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium involved improving the existing east side structure.

Construction began on the West grandstand prior to the start of the 2007 season. The new side of the stadium contains approximately 5,000 seats, including an 832-seat club level, along with new concession stands and restrooms. The building also houses new football offices and a new weight room (10,000 square feet), training room (8,500 square feet), locker room (10,000 square feet) and equipment area. A new berm has been built behind the North end zone, giving Topper fans an opportunity to enjoy the game from a different view. A new 48'x70' scoreboard, installed behind the berm, includes an 18'x31' video board.

Other improvements to the existing structure include locker rooms and offices for women's soccer, and men's and women's track along with the addition of a new academic advising center that includes office space for advisors, tutoring rooms, a large study hall room and a computer laboratory.

Western's stadium is actually a better venue for viewing band and corps. Better sight lines and better sound. But it is much less comfortable. Still, it would be really unfortunate for band and corps to lose PJCS as a venue.

It's a very weird situation. No one really seems sure about what's going on. This happened right on the heels of DCI Louisville. Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe not. But if anyone could offer any insight that would be great.