Cadets Louisville SNAFU

easy mistake to make since the cadets decided to look like Crown this year with the uniforms.

I didn't realize Crown had Maroon in their West Point uniform this year.

I can understand being upset over losing a housing site, but the rabble-rousing post on the Cadets Facebook page was completely uncalled for. Why not just say "We've lost our housing site in L'ville on the 12th, can anyone help us out?" The Louisville AD has always been very, very friendly towards band and corps, but there's no better way to spoil that relationship than inciting the Junior Civics Club to write letters to the department calling the coach "classless" and God knows what else . . . especially when we don't really know what happened.

As someone who has worked with the UofL AD on several occasions, and has never found any reason to complain, I urge all of you not to #### things up by sending in your irate letters and e-mails.

You know something, I think people are just looking for a reason to be ###### off. I don't see what the problem with the post on FB, especially since the person who posted it explained the reason he made the post was for people who planned on seeing the corps. People are just being sensitive for the sake of it.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

sure... but obviously statements like "The Louisville Football coach has had his fill of drum corps" and "our signed contract for the stadium has been pulled" have a certain connotation. They show anger and displeasure.

and I don't disagree Cadets should feel that way, but I would question whether those are the feelings they want publicly on display.

• Like 1

sure... but obviously statements like "The Louisville Football coach has had his fill of drum corps" and "our signed contract for the stadium has been pulled" have a certain connotation. They show anger and displeasure.

and I don't disagree Cadets should feel that way, but I would question whether those are the feelings they want publicly on display.

That's just the way people are taking it, and I'm sure he realized that, which is why he made a point of telling why he posted what he did.

Kinda goes to show you that its good to get the whole story before (over) reacting... thanks Eric.

NEGATIVE.

We have a great relationship with the U of L and have had one for years.

We were at Papa John's for two days. There were no issues. The University facilities and athletic department were wonderful to us. The AD and Football coach looked at the rest of the summer and saw that another drum corps was coming to use the facilities and saw there was a conflict with their internal schedule. That happens... believe me... we've had to cancel one of our CrownLEARNING educational camps at another university for the same reason.

Please do not write any emails or call. The University of Louisville has been very kind and open to drum corps with both the show run there and also being able to use the stadium as we criss-cross the country over the years. They are very understanding of what we do and supportive of it.

I would not want anyone to jeopardize that relationship for ANY drum corps who is not 100% understanding of the relationship that the corps have there.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I called President Obama and complained about this TRAVESTY! No Baseball coach in Nashville should EVER be allowed to cancel a Cavaliers rehearsal at their stadium! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!! #classless

• Like 3

Sorry I have been to Louisville a few times, and it's a crappy town - Churchill Downs was OK. Just My Own Personal Opinion.

Nope. It's a great town. It has crappy parts, like all towns. UofL area is a dump, if that's where you were at. Incredible restaurant, great arts and music scene, huge historical neighborhoods, beautiful parks, etc. It's just that most people visit the wrong parts of town.

You know something, I think people are just looking for a reason to be ###### off. I don't see what the problem with the post on FB, especially since the person who posted it explained the reason he made the post was for people who planned on seeing the corps. People are just being sensitive for the sake of it.

I'm sorry, but it was needlessly inflammatory. I do understand being upset over losing a housing site, I understand what a huge PITA that can be. But us drum corps folks can be sensitive to perceived slights against our activity, especially when they come from athletic types. So making it seem like a corps got stiffed by the Louisville football coach (maybe they did, maybe they didn't . . . don't know all the facts of the situation) inevitably leads to poorly thought out angry e-mails that could imperil a relationship that a lot of people spent many years cultivating.

I'm sure that's not what the intention was . . . but when you're representing an organization you've got to be careful. Which is why he really needs to delegate the social networking stuff to someone else.

• Like 3

Nope. It's a great town. It has crappy parts, like all towns. UofL area is a dump, if that's where you were at. Incredible restaurant, great arts and music scene, huge historical neighborhoods, beautiful parks, etc. It's just that most people visit the wrong parts of town.

I'm sorry, but it was needlessly inflammatory. I do understand being upset over losing a housing site, I understand what a huge PITA that can be. But us drum corps folks can be sensitive to perceived slights against our activity, especially when they come from athletic types. So making it seem like a corps got stiffed by the Louisville football coach (maybe they did, maybe they didn't . . . don't know all the facts of the situation) inevitably leads to poorly thought out angry e-mails that could imperil a relationship that a lot of people spent many years cultivating.

I'm sure that's not what the intention was . . . but when you're representing an organization you've got to be careful. Which is why he really needs to delegate the social networking stuff to someone else.

It's inflammatory because that's how some people are taking it. No one knows what thoughts were running through the head when he posted that so you can't know if his intention was to be inflammatory. People are being way too sensitive about the situation, and that's one of the problems with this site. Too many people are WAY TOO SENSITIVE about every little thing that goes on. It's just drum corps. Life goes on.

It's inflammatory because that's how some people are taking it. No one knows what thoughts were running through the head when he posted that so you can't know if his intention was to be inflammatory. People are being way too sensitive about the situation, and that's one of the problems with this site. Too many people are WAY TOO SENSITIVE about every little thing that goes on. It's just drum corps. Life goes on.

No, the really sensitive types are posting on the Cadets FB page. Look, I know it wasn't intentional. That doesn't matter. Anyone with half a brain knows that drum corps fans will flock to defend one of their own if they've been wronged in any way. The result could be a lot of insulting messages being sent to one of the ever-shrinking number of instutions that are corps and band friendly, and that's hardly a piffling matter.

Anyone who's ever dealt with organizing competitions, finding housing, etc. knows how difficult the task is. Even minor incidents like this can #### things up for everyone. Housing and competition sites have been lost over much less. Again, I understand being upset, but you have to be careful with this sort of thing.

• Like 1

That's just the way people are taking it, and I'm sure he realized that, which is why he made a point of telling why he posted what he did.

Yes, I understand. All I'm saying is that the point of communicating is to get an idea to your audience (whether you are at the water cooler at work or in front of a lecture hall of students or in a Fortune 500 board meeting). If many of them take something away from your communication that wasn't intended, then there is an issue.

I also agree that people are too sensitive. But those people are your customers, so...

(and this is coming from someone that has taken multiple personality tests, like myers briggs, and they always say that I don't care about other people's feelings and am much more focused on getting things done, lol)

Edited by soccerguy315