Cadets Louisville SNAFU

I (the OP) apologixe for apparently bollixing up the identity of the corps in question. I messed it up so badly that the first poster was able to cut and paste the actual text from FB.

I take exception to comments that I jumped to conclusions....to the contrary the point of the post was to get more information before attempting positive action.

This OP can take responsibility for what he writes, but would prefer to be properly quoted....even if he's wrong.

I posted this in another thread but seems more appropriate here.

Everyone makes mistakes. Don't worry about it. :smile:

• Like 1

I can understand being upset over losing a housing site, but the rabble-rousing post on the Cadets Facebook page was completely uncalled for. Why not just say "We've lost our housing site in L'ville on the 12th, can anyone help us out?" The Louisville AD has always been very, very friendly towards band and corps, but there's no better way to spoil that relationship than inciting the Junior Civics Club to write letters to the department calling the coach "classless" and God knows what else . . . especially when we don't really know what happened.

As someone who has worked with the UofL AD on several occasions, and has never found any reason to complain, I urge all of you not to #### things up by sending in your irate letters and e-mails.

• Like 3

So apparently Crown has been dumped from a contracted rehearsal/housing site in Louisville at the direction of the institutions football coach. Anyone know any details? I'm bored and may want to write some letters or make some phone calls.

This was 100% inaccurate.

BTW.....this was sourced from a Crown Facebook post.

This was 100% inaccurate.

The original naming of this thread was - This was 100% inaccurate.

But hey, we forgive you and we appreciate you being a passionate drum corps fan... I just wish the other person on here did not contact the university before letting this play out even 24 hours.

Hopefully, we all learned something from this on DCP.

I will do my best to go back to being a lurker now.

Thanks guys.

Im guessing they might have already found a site. I sent Hop an email at like 730 this morning for possible sites in northern kentucky and havent getten any word back. so maybe thats a good thing.

I think everyone needs to relax. I did NOT jump the gun nor did I say anything out of line. I merely explained how difficult it was for a corps to obtain facilities like theirs, and hoped this was an oversight.

Not everyone responds like children around here.....

While also referring to their coach as "classless" in your email, correct?

• Like 3

An observation:

In the past, several peeps have posted things like: "Why are you posting here on DCP? Quit being a sissy and contact peeps directly. Posting here makes no difference."

This scenario is EXACTLY why stuff should be posted and hashed out here first before charging off and contacting peeps directly. Mistakes can be corrected and correct information distributed.

Personally, I would have held off for awhile longer but I respect that the guy put his money where his mouth is. No credit given for using the term classless tho'.

• Like 2

what do I need to research Crown IS in AL ... CADETS ARE looking as we speak and it IS NOT for today and IS for LATER in the season and both corps mentioned ARE in the south today...

Maybe you should read the whole post before you call me out for not doing research because I didn't pinpoint an exact date.

Better to deal in absolutes rather than maybes. I see your point so, I am sorry. But, things can be misconstrued when info isn't exact. Cause it is exact on other sites.

Once again, a thread is created and people make fools of themselves without the complete story.

Exactly. Social media strikes again and people wonder why some of us are not addicted to it. Sigh...

Sorry I have been to Louisville a few times, and it's a crappy town - Churchill Downs was OK. Just My Own Personal Opinion.

• Like 2