Cadets Louisville SNAFU

Could the mods either rename this thread to something more appropriate or could the OP please request for it to be deleted?

Thanks

• Like 3

NEGATIVE.

We have a great relationship with the U of L and have had one for years.

We were at Papa John's for two days. There were no issues. The University facilities and athletic department were wonderful to us. The AD and Football coach looked at the rest of the summer and saw that another drum corps was coming to use the facilities and saw there was a conflict with their internal schedule. That happens... believe me... we've had to cancel one of our CrownLEARNING educational camps at another university for the same reason.

Please do not write any emails or call. The University of Louisville has been very kind and open to drum corps with both the show run there and also being able to use the stadium as we criss-cross the country over the years. They are very understanding of what we do and supportive of it.

I would not want anyone to jeopardize that relationship for ANY drum corps who is not 100% understanding of the relationship that the corps have there.

Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification, Eric. Great relationships can be hard to come by these days, so the post concerned me before your response. Best of luck this year with what sounds like an amazing product being put out by an amazing organization.

• Like 1

BTW.....this was sourced from a Crown Facebook post.

I think you might mean "The Cadet" FB page, since I monitor the Crown FB page.

Crown is in AL today ... Cadets are "looking" for a field as we speak according to the FB post ... but I do not think it is for today, as they too are due in AL this afternoon ... it seems to be later in the season because they were just in Louisville on Sunday and are south bound for the next few days.

Correct.

Well if any corps is looking for a housing site, I'm sure the University of Northern Illinois would be most welcoming!! :tongue:

• Like 6

Just sent an email to the PR contacts for Cardinal Football. I used the word "Classless" when referring to old Chuck. I on the other hand, was full of class when explaining how bad this stunt they pulled is to the corps.

I will let you all know if I get a response, but don't hold your breath!

uh oh....

maybe jumped the gun?

• Like 3

Thanks for the clarification, Eric. Great relationships can be hard to come by these days, so the post concerned me before your response. Best of luck this year with what sounds like an amazing product being put out by an amazing organization.

Thank you. We appreciate the kind words.

It would always be in the best interest of anyone on DCP that when they see something like this, that 1) They make sure that the information was correct, which in this case, it was not. And 2) let the corps handle the negotiations with the facilities. We LOVE passionate fans, but sometimes when someone is not sure of the details of a relationship or negotiation, they can do more harm than good.

We hope The Cadets can figure this out with the University of Louisville or find a suitable replacement facility. Believe me, Crown has been in this situation before and I have personally had to negotiate these issues for Crown and other drum corps over the years that I have been associated with.

Thanks again DCP!

Once again, we would appreciate if the title of this thread was changed to a more appropriate title.

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 2

uh oh....

maybe jumped the gun?

yeah -- the OP not only got the corps wrong but got the entire story wrongdoh.gif

and then his error is compounded by another poster jumping on the wrong info !

go DCP :-/

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1