Drum Corps shows in Canada

Making sure all members of a corps have valid passports could be an issue due to the lead time needed to get one. That being said, there is a great and long standing drum corps tradition in Canada.

also be prepared to leave the souvies at home. it can make for headaches trying to bring stuff across the border.

that said it'd be nice to see Canada involved in DCI and DCA

I performed 2 or 3x in canada. In hamilton ontario we had items stolen from our buses at the show site. Can't forget canadian football fields. Their football fields have a 55 yard line. Their end zones are 20 yards long.

Haha thay sucks but honestly ivor wynne stadium is in east hamilton .. not the greatest neighbourhood... someone should have locked your busses

also be prepared to leave the souvies at home. it can make for headaches trying to bring stuff across the border.

that said it'd be nice to see Canada involved in DCI and DCA

Its unfortunate that law restricts this.. as a Canadian who only really goes to allentown or indy, it'd be nice to by souvies at a local show, let alone the support it gives the organization.

Its unfortunate that law restricts this.. as a Canadian who only really goes to allentown or indy, it'd be nice to by souvies at a local show, let alone the support it gives the organization.

Indulge the uninformed... Are you saying that when you buy souvies at a show stateside, you can't bring them back across the border? I don't understand this.

Increased security on the Border and now needing passports to go to Canada might cause some issues for corps going to Canada. It's not impossible, but it might deter some corps wanting to go to Canada.

Increased security on the Border and now needing passports to go to Canada might cause some issues for corps going to Canada. It's not impossible, but it might deter some corps wanting to go to Canada.

never once detered a canadian group.. who have the majority of thier shows in the states weve need passports since like 92. Its not that hard and frankly thats just an excuse its just something u get done in november no problemo.. mind ypu i canada it only takes a week to get your passport three days if you pay through the roof.

Indulge the uninformed... Are you saying that when you buy souvies at a show stateside, you can't bring them back across the border? I don't understand this.

No.

Anything an individual buys in the us can come back more time spent the more you can spend. An american group bringing merchandise for sale would have a host of recieving and customs clearence and bonding issues. They would treat it like any transportation exporting valueable merchandise for resale to canada i remember in 02 Patriots had to leave thier souvie trailer at the border.

So here's a not-so-secret secret....

There is a groundswell of activity up here to get building corps again. I just found out there is a new corps, the Diplomats, in Windsor, ON, Quebec is doing a great job of fostering young corps, and back here in Ontario I know of three other efforts to start corps (I'm personally involved with two of them)....

So this couldn't come at a better time. The exposure and revitalized excitement of a few DCI shows would do us a world of good up here. A BIG - BIG thank you to the organizers!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 1

2 things:

1. I got my passport in about 2 weeks last year prior to my Jamaica trip. They recommend that you give it at least 10 weeks, but in reality, unless it's a busy travel season, you should get it pretty quick.

2. You can buy whatever at a souvie stand, put it in your suitcase and when you cross the border and they ask you if you have anything to declare.....say ...nope. It's not like smuggling hash. I mean a pair of drumsticks won't be sniffed at

i will never forgot Ottawa. Fans loved Drum Corps, warmed up in a park in which we saw crap filled underwear by a fence in someones backyard, but fun fun shows. Border Patrol was ###### on the way back into the states from another corps, so we had to get off the bus get, answer many questions then finally get back on the bus and on our way. Canada used to be full of DIII corps in the day also. I guess Dci doesn't have 40 D-III corps anymore do they? Yes i know it's Open Class not D-III

Amazing to me that border patrol will grill a bunch of kids on a tour bus participating in a youth performance group, yet they'll let anyone waltz across our southern border. :huh: